+ Follow This Topic

Thread: could she be interested? but she has a boyfriend...

could she be interested? but she has a boyfriend...

Hey guys,

Before I start, let me just say that I'm NOT emotionally invested in this girl or anything. I met her a about a month ago on my afternoon commute and she's come out with my friends an I a few times since. Anyway, it seems to me that she's acting in a way that indicates some interest towards me. If I'm looking too deep into it, please don't hesitate to tell me. Like I said, I'm not emotionally invested in this girl. But, I am curious as to what others think...

Here are a few things that make it seem this way...
    1. We talk a lot. Sometimes we'll text and chat back and forth for hours. At times I initiate conversation and at others she does. Most of these texts are light, flirty and playful and we tend to tease each other often.
    2. She initiates touching. She'll touch my arm as we talk, she'll playfully slap my arm sometimes too. The first time we were out we were walking through a bar and she turned, grabbed my hand, and held it while we were walking. The second time we both got into the back seat of a friend's car, but rather than her moving all the way over she stayed in the middle and was sitting EXTREMELY close (we might as well have been cuddling). While this happened at one point she laid her hand down onto my leg as well as rested her head on my shoulder.
    3. She doesn't care if I initiate touching. I haven't done anything intense as I respect that she's in a relationship. But, she doesn't care if I touch her arm when we're talking or if I throw my arm around her (this is in more of a playful way than anything).
    5. She calls me names in a playful way. She'll call me dork, nerd, etc.
    5. She's constantly laughing around me, even though I know for a fact some of my jokes aren't THAT funny.
    6. This past week I was away on vacation and while away she'd text me things like "wish you were here...I need to go look at an apt this afternoon and I don't want to go alone :-("

Keep in mind, I'm not emotionally invested in this girl. These are just some hints I've observed. I'm not looking for an answer of what to do in this particular situation. I know most of you would say that I shouldn't be messing with anther's relationship anyway. I'm just curious as to what others think about it. She has a boyfriend so it could mean nothing. But either way, I find it a little odd that she's acting this way while dating someone else.

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Let me hear what you guys think

I think you forgot to read your own subject line, that part about where she has a boyfriend.

Until she breaks up with him, assume nothing is beyond that of a friendship.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

You are emotionally invested. If you weren't, you wouldn't be posting, especially with such attention to every detail.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You are emotionally invested. If you weren't, you wouldn't be posting, especially with such attention to every detail.
    This is EXACTLY why I was hesitant to post. People just assume this regardless of what I say...godforbid I'm observant. It MUST automatically mean I'm emotionally invested right?

Haha, I've never met a man that such developed observation skills that wasn't emotionally invested in what he was observing.

Either way, she has a boyfriend. If she's blurring the lines with this guy, she'll do the same to you.

Haha, I've never met a man that such developed observation skills that wasn't emotionally invested in what he was observing.
    Maybe I'm not your average man :-P I've always been that way...not sure why. I'm observant about everything, not just the actions of the girls around me.

Either way, she has a boyfriend. If she's blurring the lines with this guy, she'll do the same to you.
    This is all I needed to hear. I've spoken to a others in person about what I've seen out of curiosity and I've gotten a whole bunch of answers. The general consensus is that regardless of her interest level (which is most likely non-existent), her actions are at least a little bit odd coming from a girl with a boyfriend. Most have agreed there.

She's having her cake and eating it too. She is totally enjoying the attention, because you give it without obligation. This typical of an attention whore.....they hook you with flirting, touching, etc, use you and then spit you out....then all you hopes are dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She's having her cake and eating it too. She is totally enjoying the attention, because you give it without obligation. This typical of an attention whore.....they hook you with flirting, touching, etc, use you and then spit you out....then all you hopes are dashed.
    That was another thought I had. Although, I wouldn't really say I'm giving her too much attention either. Sure I have to be giving her some attention if I'm talking to her. Otherwise I'd be ignoring her haha. Don't worry, I'll be prepared if this is the case...

Another observation: She rarely mentions or speaks of her boyfriend around me. The 2 times she has, they've been negative remarks. The first one she told me that her parents don't like him and his mother HATES her. The second time she told me about something he does that frustrates her. I know some girls like the security or being in a relationship and that they won't jump ship until they have another guy around. Not expecting this to be the case, but its a thought. I'd bank more on the attention whore theory before this...

Yeah, seriously... She's not worth it. Are you looking to make excuses for her behavior?

Well if she is having a rough time of it in that relationship she is using you as an escape.....who knows maybe she is scoping out for a new BF.

Heard it from the horse's mouth..."he's a d-bag...2 1/2 years wasted. Surprised he hasnt broken up with me yet." This was among other things...

Did you ever stop and grab the nutz to ask her "if he's so effing bad, what's wrong with you that you haven't left him?"

Quit your pussy-footing around this chick. If she's too weak to leave a man that treats her like shit (or she treats like shit but stays anyway and blantantly crosses fundimental relationship boundaries with such ease) then there is something majorly wrong with her psyche.

Ignore her shit. She plays you like a fiddle.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion