+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message a female colleague on facebook for the first time ?

Message a female colleague on facebook for the first time ?

hi there,

So there's this girl that works (studies) in the same building as where my office is but we are on different floors. The thing is that we have seen each other couple of times in the corridor / hallway /... and had eye contacts but unfortunately not spoken a word or even a smile. however i've the feeling that she's interested and i'm attracted to her too. Now I've been waiting to get a chance to see her again in the corridor or sth and it is just not happening (because of wrong timings or whatever). I mean I really want to see her again and say at least the damn "hi". The problem is that I never see her alone, she always has a company which makes it very hard for me to go and talk to her. So as she was suggested as "people you may know" on facebook to me sometime ago, I was wondering if you think it makes sense to send her a message on facebook or even send her an email to her work email address and start the conversation? or it will make a coward out of me implying i don't have the guts to say hi to her face ? by the way this is my first time ever with a girl. I like her but i dont want o go to her office for no reason because it would be very abnormal. I also know that we have some differences that may be a deal breaker from her side like that she smokes and drinks and i don't. I mention this because I'm afraid I send a message or sth and then after 1st time or so we find out we are not good for each other and then as we are colleagues it may seem awkward between us afterwards. Ok...I know I'm getting a lot ahead of myself so please ..i need some advice.

One more thing : I just found a cell-phone number that is probably her's on internet. Do you think its creepy to call her on phone for the first time like this ?is it the same as writing a message on facebook ?
    Anyway, how can I get to meet her ? as I said I dont even meet her in the hallway in the past weeks. I mean I haven't even talked to her, How can I just go to her office or sth and invite her ? I'm waiting for a joint event or sth happen or that i see her somewhere to make a move, but this waiting is killing me...speaking of which a few days ago i saw her in public transport and she went to sit few sits behind me in the bus and staring to talk on phone..I missed this chance too...

..may be she's not into me after all..

Yes, its perfectly acceptable to call up a complete stranger on their cell phone.

^^^^ Sarcasm alert
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    Yes, its perfectly acceptable to call up a complete stranger on their cell phone.
    This is a pretty awesome post on so many levels.

LOL ew creepy and you know it dude. Just be patient, wait to run into her again....you will get your chance.

I think it's cute that he's stalking her and I'm sure she will be flattered at the effort he went to get her phone number and call her out of the blue

Still don't think it's a big enough gesture though, maybe something more fitting like climbing in her bedroom window when she's asleep . That should get her attention

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    I think it's cute that he's stalking her and I'm sure she will be flattered at the effort he went to get her phone number and call her out of the blue

Still don't think it's a big enough gesture though, maybe something more fitting like climbing in her bedroom window when she's asleep . That should get her attention
    No, climbing in her bedroom is just over the line.

I'd get a boom box, see. 80's style. Then, I'd play her favorite song on full blast while holding it over my head.

lol, thanx guys for lightening me up with your humor...I think i need to brake ...

It's simple dude, march into her office, tell her you LOVE staring at her. Then suggest going out for drinks.
    If that doesn't work, then yeah I'd try calling her as often you can manage.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gent View Post
    It's simple dude, march into her office, tell her you LOVE staring at her. Then suggest going out for drinks.
    If that doesn't work, then yeah I'd try calling her as often you can manage.
    Actually you do have a point there......just need to stop staring and step up and talk to her.....the confident approach is the only way to get a date out of anyone.

Marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    lol, thanx guys for lightening me up with your humor...I think i need to brake ...
    Aw, you're a good sport. I've seen OPs have meltdowns over less. You're a champ.

Honest advice, though: You should speak to her face-to-face before emailing or calling her. What about lunchtime? Is there a cafeteria or a lunchroom or something like that where you could run into her? Maybe you could invite a few coworkers out for drinks after work. Try to get a coworker who knows her to invite her along.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Actually you do have a point there......just need to stop staring and step up and talk to her.....the confident approach is the only way to get a date out of anyone.
    Agreed Smackie. I've been kinda seeing a girl, although we haven't had an official date yet. Rewind to last night where I finally plucked up the courage to ask her on a real date.....and we ended up arranging two for this week!
    Confidence is the key
    - The Bringer of Rain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gent View Post
    Agreed Smackie. I've been kinda seeing a girl, although we haven't had an official date yet. Rewind to last night where I finally plucked up the courage to ask her on a real date.....and we ended up arranging two for this week!
    Confidence is the key
    Exactly. 20 years ago when I spotted my wife (at a gathering with my GF) I asked my GF at the time (classy, I know) who's THAT?! she said "Oh, that's B______." and went back to her conversation. I marched my skinny young ass up there and introduced myself... we talked for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Exactly. 20 years ago when I spotted my wife (at a gathering with my GF) I asked my GF at the time (classy, I know) who's THAT?! she said "Oh, that's B______." and went back to her conversation. I marched my skinny young ass up there and introduced myself... we talked for an hour.
    That's awesome man. 20 years & still going strong huh. I love tales of romance.

Alas, I think that my fellow dudes sometimes forget that girls have feelings too & see them as some kind of unapproachable fiends who'll belittle them instantly.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast