+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lets see if anyone can tell me how to do this....

Lets see if anyone can tell me how to do this....

Me and my ex were together for two years...madly in love, engaged then we broke up about 5 months ago becuase she wanted to see other people...and i did the absolute worst things i could do after the breakup...i cried to her, threatened to kill myself, told her i hated her, wouldnt leave her alone....eventually i told her to stop talking to me and we didnt for about three months...then she texts me and says she wants to be friends and she hits me up everyday to just talk about nothing...we went on a date kind of. But im pretty sure she just wants to be friends still....is there a way for me to get her back? Or did i ruin it? Is it impossible....i dont know what to do...so i ask for your help

You freaked out on her. I dont know how you can come back from that. I mean I understand you was hurt but doing that to her in that way is not good. Maybe you can get her back if she truly loves you and can get past it. But if its just friends then just be happy you ad least have her in your life

She broke up with you so that she could be with other men and you want to keep her in your life to be demoted to "friend?" Why?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You have to question the intent of a person who continues to contact you after they've been told to stop. She should have respected that request, but she didn't. Pretty selfish. Plus, sorry, but you were a mess when she broke it off. Someone who cares about your well-being would have backed off and left you alone to heal. They would not start chatting you up everyday to "talk about nothing" like you're one of her girlfriends.

I think if she wanted to get back together with you, she would have said something by now. She just wants to be friends with you to make herself feel better about breaking your heart. Or she's bored and you're just there. Probably both. Either way, it's unfair and you shouldn't take that kind of treatment from her.