+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "I want to be just friends"

"I want to be just friends"

So I've known this girl for half an year and we know each other very well. I like her a lot and she has said she likes me very much and cares about me. She has also said she wants me to be hers and that I'm the most wonderful guy she's ever met. I really thought this would become something serious, but yesterday out of nowhere she said she wants to be just friends and she's not interested in having a relationship. I really don't know if I can be "just friends" because she hurt me a lot and I feel like she's been playing with my feelings all the time. What the hell is this bullshit? I just don't know what I should do.
    "Icy roads beneath my feet,
    Led me through wastelands of deceit,
    Rest your head now, don't you cry,
    Don't ever ask the reason why"

So, you've had mutual feelings for each other for 6 months and you didn't act on it? What the hell were you waiting for during that whole time?

We haven't been able to meet each other often. And for the first 3-4 months we actually were just friends. But then she told me she likes me a lot and after a while I started to like her a lot. The next time we met we were cuddling and kissing and talking about our feelings and I actually thought we were in a relationship kind of "unofficially" or what ever. I was just telling her that she's the only girl I want to have and then she says she wants to be friends.

Well, couple of lessons learned now, right? You are never official until you have a conversation and make it official. Know and understand that because you'll met plenty of people yet that will blur even those very basic guidelines.

Also, you're still quite young. Her crush might've faded the moment she found a guy that acted faster than you did. You gotta be a bit more quick on the draw if you wanna get the girl.

She actually said she's not interested in having a relationship with anybody. She told me there's nothing wrong with me, but she just doesn't like having relationships. And that's just completely weird to me after all we've done together.
    I told her about my feeling as fast as I could, because we live quite far from each other so we don't have a chance to meet each other every day or not even every week, and I wanted to tell her face to face, not via facebook or messenger.

So, she could easily date another guy that lived much closer to her and you'd never know?

Yeah, it's never smart to develop feelings for people you are dating until you're definitely in a relationship. Personally, I find my feelings impossible to control though.

I agree with Iahnnabells guess that she probably found someone else. In fact, I'm guessing that she didn't try to make the relationship official, because she was waiting for someone else to come along.

What I find smartest thing to do in these situations is to cut all contact to her and try to forget.

It seems pretty simple - if you don't think you can just be friends with her, then don't. Cut contact with her. She said she doesn't want a relationship, so why bother trying to convince yourself that something MIGHT happen in the future if you are hating the present?

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    She actually said she's not interested in having a relationship with anybody. She told me there's nothing wrong with me, but she just doesn't like having relationships.
    I've heard the exact same thing from women in the past, and in at least two cases, they were soon seriously involved with new guys. She probably met somebody else and is trying to let you down easy without hurting your feelings. Take the hint and walk away, or you're going to get your feelings hurt.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

May be she is in relationship with other guy now and she is not telling you about this and trying to ignore you. This may be the reason that she is saying you to be just friends only.

She's full of shit, stop talking to her.