+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bed sharing or more?

bed sharing or more?

Would you share a bed with your male friend? does it cross over the friendship line?

what does it mean?!

Depends on the situation. In regular life, absolutely not. You may not even be aware of it, but one of you is being flirty with the other if you suggest such an arrangement.

However, one exception I have come across is when backpacking around the world and looking to save a buck. I've been in those situations as have many others and when travelling for months on end, saving money is important and if the guy is trustworthy and you both know its just to save a buck, I say bunk up. Somehow, I doubt that is the situation you are speaking of.

I would say depends. I had a guy friend I slept in his bed all the time when we would go out on the weekends. He was just a friend. Never found it weird, but with some of my other guy friends I would never do that with b/c it might get weird. So I would say each situation is unique. Could be weird if one likes the other and one just wants to be friends.

If it is a situation like backpacking or traveling with someone and there is a lack or space, then maybe. Or if the two people have been best friends/known each other for a very long time, then maybe. Or if the two people are siblings, then maybe. Or if one of the two people is gay and therefore would not have any interest, then maybe.
    But other than those circumstances, I think it would be pretty hard to justify it.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

If both people are unnatatched, then i see no problem with bed sharing with a male friend. Assuming you are female and he doesnt smell. If you are male or he smells, then probably not a good idea.
    A word of warning tho, unless hes a bufter u can be sure he is thinking i wonder if tonight is the night, so unless this is your ultimate goal , tread carefully.....

What? IMO Any guy that sleeps with a chick and he's not tapping that, is a woose, a girlfriend with dangly bits, and has mommy issues. Keep your bed (or hers) for sleeping alone or screwing. End of. You tell her you keep your bedtime for sleeping alone or screwing and she may look at you in a different way than her MALE girlfriend.

No exceptions

*Well, except for Anna's back packing deal. (maybe )
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-07-11 at 01:40 AM. Reason: to add*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have known him for a long time but never shared a bed. he just decided he ll sleep in my bed in his boxers! erm... is this wrong? and what does it mean? is he trying to get something from me?
    PS: this is a single bed!

Do you want him to sleep in your bed? Do you have romantic feeling for him? If you do then you best find out what his intentions are. Does he have romantic feelings for you? If you think he does than the worst thing you could (if you don't feel the same way) is to let him sleep with you.

Whats wrong with you that you wouldn't just tell him that he'll not be sleeping with you because you keep your bed to sleep alone or to share with your romantic partners when the time is right?

What exactly are you wanting to know here? What do you feel for this boy?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's OK until one of you gives the other the 'reach around'. Watch out for that, it's one of my killer moves!

The only time I've shared a "bed" with a male friend is while sleeping in a tent or the back of a truck or SUV during search and rescue trainings or missions while I was single. It just wasn't a big deal. Now that I'm in a serious relationship, I would make more of an effort to find my own sleeping quarters out of respect for my boyfriend if possible. Sometimes it's not.

well, this is what i m thinking, it could mean more than just sharing a bed. he just keeps trying to get close to me and hug me etc... surely this is more than what friends do!??!

Like I asked earlier: What do you want from this boy? Do you want to be his romantic girlfriend or do you want to remain platonic friends?