+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Good to your woman

Being Good to your woman

Ladies, when a man is a:

gentleman
    thoughtful
    shows caring through acts: cooking for you, buying you little gifts, going out of our way to make sure you are comfortable: ie if we go to the beach I bring an umbrella and beach chair etc. etc.

I am not saying being a push over, just a nice person. What is the pitfalls in that? Do women who don't appreciate that from their man may have issues and instead prefer the challenge, the chase?

As a man, I spent time on working on becoming less selfish, more considerate, etc. etc. and in the last relationship (it is complicated still) I get the feeling being a nice guy got me second place to another man in her not so distant past....meaining, I am nicer to her, but didn't necessary win her over more.....
    Last edited by survivor08; 22-07-11 at 01:49 PM.
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

"cooking for you" "carrying chairs to beaches"? wtf
    Dude, todays modern woman doesnt want all that new man pish.

they want drugs, beer and seeing to on a regular basis. Grow a pair and offer this other punk a mano O mano.

After youve gave this new dude a few slaps , she ll be putty in your hands, good luck

Just make sure your comfortable and taken care of first. Everything will fall into place after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    "cooking for you" "carrying chairs to beaches"? wtf
    Dude, todays modern woman doesnt want all that new man pish.

they want drugs, beer and seeing to on a regular basis. Grow a pair and offer this other punk a mano O mano.

After youve gave this new dude a few slaps , she ll be putty in your hands, good luck
    Man, STFU

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Just make sure your comfortable and taken care of first. Everything will fall into place after that.
    WTF are you talking about?

The key is to forget about the "nice guy" bull. Women don't want a nice guy, even when they say that want a nice guy. They want a 'good guy'. (Wake Up, where are you?) Anyways, nice guys try to win a woman over with all the nice things, considerate things. Yeah it's all good, but chicks get bored of that easily. They will take you for granted in a heart beat. The 'good guy' has a much more balanced approach to being nice, sensitive and caring but at the same time able to go against the grain when the time calls for it. A mix of both standing your ground but being flexible enough to compromise at times.

Jeez, how rude. Tell me to stfu and then go and post some advice you probably got from a womans magazine. wake up and smell the coffee "man". Women like 3 things, drink, drugs and getting pumped. Fact.
    What exactly is going against the grain in your house? Not doing the dishes 3 times a day?

women want a real man, not some wee gay who takes chairs to the beach so shes comfy.

DUDES!!!! the DUDE was asking a FEMALE for an advice!!!!
    give him a break

As long as you don't give off that machismo, you're the delicate weak woman vibe I don't see a problem with it. Some women may take any chivalrous behavior that way but most won't. I think nice men too often mistakenly think the reason a girl doesn't like them is because they're nice. There are sooo many other factors. Another big problem is, unfortunately, for every nice giving person, there are 5 selfish ones ready to take advantage of them.

The Truth is you just have to be YOURSELF, and then you WILL find the one who loves you for who you are and not for the person you are tryin' to be.
    that girl left you because she doesn't love you. end of story.
    forgive my honesty
    Last edited by vampiress; 21-07-11 at 06:41 AM.

i dont agree with all this "just be yourself" tactic. A man must be many things if he wants a constant flow of ladies.
    Sure be mr nice guy when u meet a woman who is after that sort of pish, but mostly they want action and excitment.

I know that if i was "just myself" , i wouldnt have had half the birds ive had. Treat them mean, keep them keen, works on 99% of women, the other 1% are probably gay.

i dont agree with all this "just be yourself" tactic. A man must be many things if he wants a constant flow of ladies.
    Sure be mr nice guy when u meet a woman who is after that sort of pish, but mostly they want action and excitment.

I know that if i was "just myself" , i wouldnt have had half the birds ive had. Treat them mean, keep them keen, works on 99% of women, the other 1% are probably gay.
    The OP NEVER said he wanted a "constant flow" of ladies. So yeah, like I said, STFU. I don't read magazines, let a lone seek advice from them. My advice is from personal experiences and general knowledge. I understand you're bitter and all, but come on. Everyone here isn't as miserable as you DUDE.

If you want to treat women like a piece of meat, then I suspect you have chosen the wrong thread.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Amount of women ive slept with by acting like a twat=12
    Amount of women ive slept with by carrying chairs to beaches=0

I rest my case..

sadie_genie Guest
    Being a nice guy is a GOOD quality. There aren't many around. There was only one good guy I have met but unfortunately I wasn't attracted to him physically at all. Being nice is good but only being nice won't get your girls. You have to be successful or good looking too.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    The Truth is you just have to be YOURSELF, and then you WILL find the one who loves you for who you are and not for the person you are tryin' to be.
    that girl left you because she doesn't love you. end of story.
    forgive my honesty
    I agree with this completely. If you pretend to be someone you're not you'll show through eventually. Some girls want the fairy tale nice guy carry my crap to the beach men. Some don't. Be yourself and find the one that will see the nice things you do as a reason to be with you.

Personally I like to mix "nice" with a little bit of "jerk" and it seems to get me what I want.
    Last edited by Cerby; 21-07-11 at 07:53 AM. Reason: because I spell like I'm retarded
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I'm staying out of this one Incongnitosir. OP I'll be back when I find the link to the other post just like this one that is about 5 pages long. Read it and hopefully you'll learn something.

I will say that if your goal is to just **** and chuck as many women as you can and go single for the rest of your life the listen to Mwahhahah. If you want to be in a relationship of substance with someone then you need to change up your "overdoing."

Incognito has it right if you're looking for something meaningful with someone who has more self worth than to keep ****ing a guy that treats her like shit. Trust me, you want a woman with good self worth if you want a happy union.

I'll be back with that link.

P.S. Beware of gold digging women, entitlement princess women, and women who EXPECT you to pay for everything and every date.

Personally I like to mix "nice" with a little bit of "jerk" and it seems to get me what I want.
    That would be the guy with the ability to say "no" to a woman and I assume you don't really mean "jerk" but that you aren't a pushover.

"Being yourself" is still being yourself if you learn to not be a push over or a walk-upon kinda guy. Where ever you go, there you are. So encouraging a milquetoast to continue in that behaviour and to just be like that doesn't make sense to me.

Here it is: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/56246-why-nices-guys-unlucky-love.html[/url] (for someone who said they were'nt getting into this one, this is one long-ass post
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-07-11 at 08:49 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast