+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: could i have some advice please - getting a girl

Hopefully. Was just the "yeah ok" when i asked as opposed to something more willing lol. I guess you can't really show much emotion over msn lol

Maybe she was eager but didn't want to show it. Some girls have this silly idea that guys like it when they act uninterested

Lol, confusing!

Well she said yes so thats a start I guess, i didn't actually say on a date, just "you want to go for a walk sometime"

I always do that too. I wish I didn't. It's easy to get trapped in the friend zone that way.

Don't say that! lol! I'd have thought she knew it wasn't just a friendly invitation because of the way i asked lol, it ended the game...

Thinking of going for a drink/meal after or something.

She does show you quite clear signals. So, if you think there's any confusion, you might subtly bring it up during the walk and declare it a date on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    She does show you quite clear signals. So, if you think there's any confusion, you might subtly bring it up during the walk and declare it a date on the spot.
    what signals? sitting close etc?

How could i bring that up lol?

Thanks for all the help appreciated, as you can tell!

Haha, don't go taking me too seriously. I'm sincerely trying to help, but I'm desperately inexperienced myself, so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

She's certainly showing more attention than any girl I've ever met before dating.

About declaring it a date on the spot... Hmm, I actually did that on my first proper date (not counting that ice skating I mentioned). But I didn't bring it up and neither did she... it was sort of like a double date.
    I can't think of any smooth and elegant way of bringing it up by yourself though. Maybe it's smarter to just be very flirty and show her plenty of attention. Or maybe it's good enough to just ask bluntly if she wanted it to be a date. I don't really know.

Thanks, you have been a great help.

I'm crap at being flirty lol.

You assume you are crap at flirting because you are probably inexperienced. After practice you will end up flirting without even realising, just remember to keep comments non sleazy. Just relax on the walk, take the lead but don't be overpowering. Make suggestions as to what you can do but wait to hear her opinion.

ok thanks for that

what sort of flirty things could i do/say then?

Compliment on her choice of clothing. Many girls think that stuff is important. Not a bad idea complementing her looks on the way too
    Personally, I like subtly suggestive puns, but those are hard to plan before hand.

she always looks nice so i'll tell her that lol

Just hope were not too "friends"

Quote Originally Posted by bluewahoo View Post
    she always looks nice so i'll tell her that lol

Just hope were not too "friends"
    Saying she looks nice is good, but you also do not want to idolise her especially if you are nervous. By all means pick a particular aspect you like about her dress or hair, and pay her a compliment as in something specific, not just 'you look great'. Every lad will have probably said something similar to her in the past, find something that will make you stand out that she will remember i.e 'you have lovely blue eyes' or whatever you notice about her when you meet. Keep it casual and relaxed and look her in the eye when you say it but move swiftly on so there is no awkwardness. If you do it right with confidence, you will keep her guessing for the rest of the date which hopefully will keep you out of the friend zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewahoo View Post
    Lol, confusing!

Well she said yes so thats a start I guess, i didn't actually say on a date, just "you want to go for a walk sometime"
    Damn dude... really? WHY?!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast