+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fate??? Please help!!!

Fate??? Please help!!!

So last year about June-ish, I'm at work, (I work retail) and a man comes in looking for help finding clothes for his niece. As I'm helping him, I start getting red, nervous, anxious, flustered. I find myself flirting casually and him as well, glances, smiles, body language. So I continue helping him, and as he's leaving, he thanks me for the help and proceeds to leave, before stepping foot out of the store he turns around and flashes a smile. I'm extremely intrigued by this guy and everyone I work with is getting an earful at this point. One coworker is telling me that this is fate, find him, do whatever it takes, things like that don't happen everyday. So I simply try to find his name through his transaction record.. Nothing. I feel as though my only resort is a "craigslist missed connections" so I post one describing our encounter.. Days, weeks, a month goes by and nothing, the post is no longer there. At this point I forget about it. December comes and I move out of my apartment at the time and move to a new place with a friend. So the next few months come and go, April comes.. And I run into my neighbor that lives right below me (3 family house) I see that he's really attractive but pay no mind to it. Another day, I'm outside cleaning my car and he comes outside to leave, we exchange hellos, and I'm instantly flustered... So I set out to find out who he is. I ask his roomate and get his name. So I find him on Facebook, as I'm browsing his Facebook, I realize, IT'S THE SAME GUY FROM MY WORK ENCOUNTER!!!!! so just to make sure I shoot him a message saying "hey I asked **** for your name, because you look really familiar. Do you happen to shop at ****?" I get a delightful response confirming that he in fact remembers me and that yes he does shop there. So I write back saying let's hang out sometime followed by my phone number. No response. Couple weeks go by and I decide to request his friendship on Facebook.... He accepts, and I quickly learn that he has a gf. So my hopes dwindle significantly. BUT, it seems as though every time I try to let it slip my mind, I run into him everywhere I go, in sometimes places I wasn't intending to go. I ran into him hiking in the woods in a different town than we live in!!!! So, I wrote him another message saying "I see you're involved, the last thing I want to do is impose on anything, but you seem fun and if you're ever interested in being friends and making plans, that would be great!" 3 days have gone by now and still nothing??? WHAT DO I DO?? What does all of this mean? Am I crazy for thinking it's some sort of fate? HELP!!! I need some direction!! thank you!

He probably didn't answer to your msgs on facebook because he has a girlfriend and doesn't want to ruin their relationship.
    Which means, he probably wouldn't want friendship with you because you're a female and probably can see that your interested in him?

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    He probably didn't answer to your msgs on facebook because he has a girlfriend and doesn't want to ruin their relationship.
    Which means, he probably wouldn't want friendship with you because you're a female and probably can see that your interested in him?
    yeah agreed, your best bet is to put some provocatic photos on your facebook, try snare him that way, hes only a man, good luck

I guess it's a good thing he is avoiding contact. If he were to reciprocate flirting and reply to messages, that would be unfaithful on his part, and what kind of image would that create if someday we were ever to end up involved in a relationship.