+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did my ex-bf contact me after 2 years of no contact?

Why did my ex-bf contact me after 2 years of no contact?

I haven't spoken or seen my ex-boyfriend for 2 years. The reason why we ended was because while we were dating, his ex-gf contacted him and they ended up meeting up. Long story short, he basically was confused while he was with me. He went back to her and ran back to me after they went back out again for a month. I tried to work things out, but I couldn't let go of the hurt so I ended it. He obviously went back to his ex-gf and were together for about 2 years.

I heard they were not together anymore. Who knows if it's just a short break, taking time a part, etc. It's been two years since no contact and I suddenly got to talk to my ex-bf two days ago only through texts. He remembered little things about me and asked me on those things and about my family, etc. He texted me last night again, I tried to keep it short saying I was tired and going to bed.

I just have this funny feeling. I wasn't happy nor angry. It's just this weird feeling in my stomach that I can't comprehend. He probably hasn't changed at all, after all it's been only 3 months since they have broken up. And now, I find myself thinking about what we had, what had happened, and question his motive.

That feeling was your intuition, your gut telling you to stop letting him contact you anymore. He screwed you over enough to be with this bitch he can't seem to let go of. Why would you want him even talking to you? Leave sleeping dogs lie and don't answer any more of these crumbs he's leaving for you to see if he can wheel you back in once again while he's inbetween girlfriends.

I don't know either of you but I know enough to tell that this guy is a loser and you're too good a person to let him back into your life.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion