+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex dumped me but still calls and texts?

Ex dumped me but still calls and texts?

We broke up almost 2 weeks ago after a stupid fight. At first I cried and asked him to take me back but he said no and that it's his final decision. After a few days I stopped calling or texting. When he saw I disappeared, he started calling me asking me if I were ok, I said yes. 2 days pass, he sends a text "how are you, and then he calls me a cute name". I answered I'm ok.. how about you?" But he didn't answer me back! Is he playing games? Why didn't he answer?
    Should I act the same and if he calls me or texts me again, I don't answer?
    Thanks!

Just stop all communication with him. He is getting some satisfaction from you knowing that you still care for him, or he thinks that you do. It's just an ego booster to him. He's playing with your head. He said there is no way of getting back together, then move on. You need to take a break and stay single for a while. You will find some one 10 times better someday and when you look back at this, you can laugh at his ass. Good Luck.
    I don't mind being blunt and cold to the core....everyone needs to be put in their place once in a while.

Don't be pulled into the viscous circle of will he contact me or won't he, what did that text/ email really mean, should I reply or ignore blah blah blah. All it'll do is mess with your head and prolong the agony of the break up. Trust me, I put up with that crap for over 3 months before I just couldn't stand it any longer. In my opinion you're best to cut contact altogether and that includes replying to any communication from him. Tell him you have some big decisions to make and you would appreciate time to think things through without him being in contact and that you will be in touch when you are ready. This is advice from one of the so called relationship experts and I think it's good advice. Then cut all contact and get on with healing. Yes it'll be hard at first and seems contrary to what you'd rather be doing but, trust me on this, being in touch with him even if it's just the odd text, is not going to win him back or help you get over him. Create space and if he misses you he will let you know in his own way eventually. By disappearing you are making yourself unavailable and therefor more intruiging and more of a challenge. Not just an emotional ex he can lift and lay as he pleases to satisfy his own ego, in other words you have to eradicate the possibility of him thinking "I can have her when it suits me!" It's only human to want what we can't have and make sure he can't "have" you! Good luck and I hope he leaves you in peace to sort out your own feelings for a while x

i wouldnt text him, my ex gf kept me close after we broke up and i got warned to stay away by my freinds and i didnt listen, she ended up using me and i was really hurt, he might not be that kind of person but theres no harm in protecting urself