+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to propose to my girlfriend

I want to propose to my girlfriend

As the title says really. Me and my girlfriend have just recently moved in together, I love her and know that I want to be with her for the rest of my life, I have never felt like this before about anyone.

I have been thinking about proposing for a while but wanted us to be living together first. Thing is, I'm not sure about the best way to go about it. I was thinking about doing it when we are away on holiday together in the next couple of weeks but I'm not sure if that will be the right time.

She comes across as very independent and she is with things like her job but emotionally not so, for this reason I am not sure going out to dinner and me getting down on one knee is such a good idea. I want to woo her and treat her like a lady and do it all properly and make it special.

So this is why I am posting this thread, to ask for advice about the best way to go about it without going over the top but still making it special and traditional in a sense.

Maybe find a nice restaurant that offers private dining? It'll give you the intimate setting with the privacy so she doesn't have a ton of strangers gawking at her, awaiting her answer.

Takeaway curry, die hard dvd, finished off with 36 holes,probably best to do sawgrass because most birds are crap at most other courses, then pop the question. How can she refuse after that night of heaven, good luck.

Edit: just an afterthought , if you are feeling adventourous you could risk flushing meadows, theres more water but maybe the extra excitement will seal the deal..
    Last edited by mwahahaha; 22-07-11 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    Takeaway curry, die hard dvd, finished off with 36 holes,probably best to do sawgrass because most birds are crap at most other courses, then pop the question. How can she refuse after that night of heaven, good luck.

Edit: just an afterthought , if you are feeling adventourous you could risk flushing meadows, theres more water but maybe the extra excitement will seal the deal..
    You are such a clown, man.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You are such a clown, man.
    Yeah, im a clown. If only i had such original ideas like "private dining". You want this broad to laugh in this dudes face and marry his brother?

Women want 3 things, food , action movies, and challenging video golf games. (not too challenging mind you, after all women dont really understand the finer points of stroke play).

Yeah, im a clown. If only i had such original ideas like "private dining". You want this broad to laugh in this dudes face and marry his brother?

Women want 3 things, food , action movies, and challenging video golf games. (not too challenging mind you, after all women dont really understand the finer points of stroke play).
    Luckily I don't have a brother.

My girlfriend actually loves food and action movies but prefers COD to golf. That said, I dont think she would appreciate that when i'm about to ask her to spend the rest of her life with me.

Yeah dude, you must have the new golf, 2010, you need tiger 2008, fckers tried to get too fancy with the controls and alienated the entire female population, shame really

Well, then you should go all out and propose to her Die Hard style. Hire a bunch of guys to do a fake heist, rescue her, and then propose to her. BUT you have to wear the wife beater and have shards of glass sticking out of your bleeding feet. All or nothing, man.

Haha. I just want to do something that is special and romantic and also a bit different to what everybody else does. I wish I could ask her what she would want.

I think she may be a member on here as the reason I found the site was seeing it in the computer history, I hope she doesn't read this.

Well, everyone's idea of romance is different. What do you think SHE would enjoy?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    :
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Such a Rogue.

OP: Where did you two meet? Can you co-ordinate the proposal with when/where you met?

P.S. I'd do it before you went on holiday, i'd be nice to celebrate your engagement while away
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-07-11 at 10:51 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If you just moved in with her you need to wait for a while. Keep in mind that you just made a really big step—marriage is the end of it. You don't want to have to go through the process of proposing multiple times.

You need to be living with her for at least 6 months before you propose. Otherwise, you will end up paying for your impatience.

Years ago I proposed to my ex on the radio.

A local radio station did a program called "Do you a favor Thursday", and you could call in and ask them to do something for you. If they could, and they liked the idea, they'd do it. I called in and told them I wanted to propose to my girlfriend over the air, and they thought that was a great idea. They called her at home (I could hear, but not talk) and said they had a guy on the line that wanted to ask her out, and asked if she'd talk to him. She said "Sure!" which of course made them laugh and say "You don't even know who it is!" She said "I only know two guys that listen to your station, one's my boyfriend, and the other's a friend of his."

They put me on, I asked her to marry me, and she accepted. I had told several friends to listen to the station that morning, and the instant I hung up the phone, it started ringing off the hook. All sorts of people told me I was nuts to do it over the air.

Hmmmm... Whatever you do don't put the ring in her food/beverage or propose in front of a bunch of people!
    My fiance proposed to me on a sofa with a bunch of candles after we had watched Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street. :p Good times. Now every time I look at Freddy Kruger I get butterflies in my stomach, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast