+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking for your date

I only do internet dating. Going to the bar or a public place to meet women is, IMO, just like a blind date, and it's a waste of my time.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I met my last 3 boyfriend via Internet actually. I met one ex (that I was with for 1.5 years, we moved out to San Diego together) via Facebook, a very random connection that is a funny, cosmic story. After we broke up, I met my most recent ex via Yelp. I was using it as a community site to get to know San Diego and we started chatting, we were together for 1 year before he moved across the country. Now I'm with my current boyfriend who I met through a mutual friend via Facebook.

Most of my other boyfriends I went to either high school or college or met them via work place. Bars might as well be blind date material, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I only do internet dating. Going to the bar or a public place to meet women is, IMO, just like a blind date, and it's a waste of my time.
    Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I agree. You typically get the selection from one type of guy or girl when you go out to a bar. If you were to make a decision you'd have to decide who's simply the least annoying.

Via internet dating, I have met many very nice people, some compatible with me, some not, and only one who lied to me. (She was actually married.)
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Sleeping with someone... Well, it is a reward, but I don't think it should be a reward because you made her dinner.
    For some reason, I find the attitude that you're rewarding someone by sleeping with them, somehow obnoxious.

But back on topic, I'm going to cook/bake on my next date Not for her, but with her. She's actually going to teach me how so I guess, what we are making depends mostly on her. Hopefully she'll want to teach me other ways to please a woman too

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm free tomorrow night.

All this food talk has made me hungry.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    I'm free tomorrow night.

All this food talk has made me hungry.
    +1, Indian, chinese, italian, mexican I am not fussy, so whos a good cook on here and in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    For some reason, I find the attitude that you're rewarding someone by sleeping with them, somehow obnoxious.

But back on topic, I'm going to cook/bake on my next date Not for her, but with her. She's actually going to teach me how so I guess, what we are making depends mostly on her. Hopefully she'll want to teach me other ways to please a woman too
    It's because I know my own worth and it looks arrogant and narcissistic. Many men abuse the privilege of sleeping with women through abuse, harassment, false promises, etc. Women do it to, but men have a longer documented history of such behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Potato soup.

Filet Mignon, medium rare, with sauteed mushrooms and onions.

Baked squash and stuffed peppers.

Turkish delight with kharbouza melon for dessert.

To drink, a local variety of Gewuerztraminer.
    I love proper Turkish Delight ... not many people are keen on it however.

She joined me at lunch today, which we spent laying in the park, eating ice cream and kissing.

I also got to discreetly enquire about menu preferences ;o)
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12