+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking for your date

Cooking for your date

So, what have been your winning dishes? I need ideas ...

My first draft is the following Italian style menu:

Starters:

Bruschetta / Tomato & Mozarella Salad / Selection of Prosciutto

Main:

Garlic & Chilli Prawn Buccatini

Dessert:

Chocolate Cheesecake or Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream

Drinks:

Selection of White Wine and Prosecco

All made by my own fair hand of course.

= Nom nom nom ...

What do you think?

What kind of meal would have the wow-factor for you?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I have just made myself very hungry.

I recommend Pinot Grigio for a white. I also recently tried a Spanish grape called Albariņo which was awesome. Not as fruit forward, and with a slight crisp to it.

Yummo maxmax can I come??

Do you know what type of cuisine your partner likes? If you found that out you could really impress. I love Indian food so if the dude I was dating whipped up a beef vindaloo with rice and garlic Naan I would be the happiest woman alive.

However what is on your menu sounds like a winner. Just make sure your partner isn't allergic to anything on the menu.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Yummo maxmax can I come??

Do you know what type of cuisine your partner likes? If you found that out you could really impress. I love Indian food so if the dude I was dating whipped up a beef vindaloo with rice and garlic Naan I would be the happiest woman alive.

However what is on your menu sounds like a winner. Just make sure your partner isn't allergic to anything on the menu.

Well, I know she likes all of the above, so there isn't anything there that can cause offence.

Actually, everything up there is pretty easy except for the desserts. But I like baking, so I might just do both, and because I can serve 'portions' rather than the entire thing, I can easily taste-test each long before plating ;o)

Think I'll give making my own ice-cream a miss though ... although it is also fun to make.

And yes ... Indian is great. Unfortunately she is not a fan of spicy food, so I don't think anything too hot would go down well.

I want the girl to like me for my personality, not my cooking skills. I don't cook for her until the 3rd or 4th date. And I often cook pancakes. Maybe crepes with jam. Or chocolate chip crepes with whip cream. Anything chocolate is a win.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I want the girl to like me for my personality, not my cooking skills. I don't cook for her until the 3rd or 4th date. And I often cook pancakes. Maybe crepes with jam. Or chocolate chip crepes with whip cream. Anything chocolate is a win.
    So, are you saying you expect to sleep with her first? Or do you just have her over for breakfast?

I love to cook and I love eating. My advice - try to get an idea what she loves to eat. Prepare as much as possible in advance so that you can spend time at the table talking rather that you in the kitchen.
    Food is a way to a womans' heart.
    Good luck.

This is our fifth date, and as such I can safely assume that she likes me for reasons other than my cooking.

However, I am cooking as she is coming over, and because I can ... and it'd probably be better than ordering pizza.

The reason I ask my question is because I think there is kind of an uneven trade off between being comfortable enough to sleep with a person (without feeling like they're never going to call you again) and doing something kind like cooking for your date... Cooking is a kind offer and a showcase of ability. Sleeping with someone... Well, it is a reward, but I don't think it should be a reward because you made her dinner. My ex cooked for me on our second date and we snuggled afterward and watched a movie and drank wine. It was sweet and comfortable. Nor do I think breakfast should be a reward because the person slept with you. I only treat sex with such casualty if I'm trading favors with a FWB.

You can showcase your personality through your cooking skills. Show how much you know about wine, or the dish you cooked. Tell her why you chose the dish. This could segue into a whole lot of topics. Any guy that is a good conversationalist turns me on.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 25-07-11 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    The reason I ask my question is because I think there is kind of an uneven trade off between being comfortable enough to sleep with a person (without feeling like they're never going to call you again) and doing something kind like cooking for your date... Cooking is a kind offer and a showcase of ability. Sleeping with someone... Well, it is a reward, but I don't think it should be a reward because you made her dinner.
    I'm just cooking her a meal.

I don't expect a reward. If she likes it, that's reward enough.

So, are you saying you expect to sleep with her first? Or do you just have her over for breakfast?
    Lahnnabell, I think you and I agree on many fundamentals, but I think we work at different speeds.

Anyway, if me and my date do sleep together, I do make breakfast sometimes, or we go out to breakfast.

Before we ever sleep together we know each other very well. We might talk 10 hours over 7 days on the phone, then have our first date. And I make sure to cover all the things that are important to me, and I ask all the things that are important to her in a relationship. Through email we both make "must have" lists, where we list all the things we need in a relationship, the deal breakers. If I can meet all her needs then that's a good sign. Then I determine if we are a good match. If we are, on to date number one.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Lahnnabell, I think you and I agree on many fundamentals, but I think we work at different speeds.

Anyway, if me and my date do sleep together, I do make breakfast sometimes, or we go out to breakfast.

Before we ever sleep together we know each other very well. We might talk 10 hours over 7 days on the phone, then have our first date. And I make sure to cover all the things that are important to me, and I ask all the things that are important to her in a relationship. Through email we both make "must have" lists, where we list all the things we need in a relationship, the deal breakers. If I can meet all her needs then that's a good sign. Then I determine if we are a good match. If we are, on to date number one.
    Wow. That's quite a business transaction. I hope you leave room for bit of an organic experience. But I get you. My boyfriend and I had a different start than what I'm typically used to and y'know, it's proved to be a really good change. All my relationships that began out of intense passion and attraction ended in tears and sadness. My boyfriend and I were not hot for each other the moment we met, and our first date was sweet, if not a little awkward. But we kept working at it.

Wow. That's quite a business transaction. I hope you leave room for bit of an organic experience.
    Yes, it sounds business-like, but I get the big issues out of the way first. Those deal breakers, yah? If we have a deal breaker, there is no point in us dating and someone getting hurt. If we date we have fun learning all the details about each other.

But I get you. My boyfriend and I had a different start than what I'm typically used to and y'know, it's proved to be a really good change. All my relationships that began out of intense passion and attraction ended in tears and sadness. My boyfriend and I were not hot for each other the moment we met, and our first date was sweet, if not a little awkward. But we kept working at it.
    I don't get hot and heavy until AFTER those 10 hours of talking before the first date. And I don't mean small talk, I mean 10+ hours of serious talk about their approach to relationships, what they want long-term, their needs, my needs, etc. After we know we have the same goals, then we can explore the emotional side of things, be spontaneous, and open our hearts to each other.

That makes it sound as though you only do internet dating exclusively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast