+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I"ve made things worse on myself...

I"ve made things worse on myself...

So I had been talking to a girl with a bf that she liked to complain about a lot. For months.We originally met when they were on 'a break.' Finally told her last week while I was out of town I wasn't going to just stick around and clean up the emotional messes and only get to see her once a week. She said she would hate not talking to me and I said well I won't like it either but its whats best. She cried, etc. That should've been it.

But she called this week and said she wanted to talk it over at her house and that she'd make dinner. I went against my better judgement. And well. It was good. Talked, laughed, dinner, movie, etc. Also, I realized its more than an emotional thing. Nothing too dramatic happend, but handsy touchy feely enough that I know there is physical attraction.

THen she went back out with him the next day. Then called me up the next day and told me she had a rough day, I offered to come over and she said 'i don't care' I said I'm not playing that game and then an hour later she txt back and said 'aren't you coming?' Well after the success of a few nights before I did. And it was another good night. Those two nights we spent roughly 10 hours together. I'm thinkin it goin in the right direction.

Well now this weekend she was going to visit family hours away. And tells me that he is going with her. I said something about it and she said she is the one thing you don't want your interest to be 'CONFUSED' and "NOT SURE WHAT I WANT'....

I'm back to where I was before, except worse off, because I'm more attached because of the time we had this week. I'm frustrated, and upset that everything can go as well as can be expected and still seemingly be in the same spot as I was a week ago and feel worse about it because I had such a good time this week.

I know what I need to do, and that is to walk away and see what happens... But that will be so hard at this point... On top of everything I hate talking to anyone about it because I don't like to be judged...

I think I may be just venting but if anyone has any wise words I'm open to hearin 'em...

You're chasing a girl who has a bloke. Stop being a sly, sleazy scumbag.

Cut the attachment with her, tell her how you feel if necessary and explain that whilst he is still around you won't be.
    If it carries on she'll end up cheating on him with you, seeing both of you for a while and possibly getting with you. At which point you'll be insecure and paranoid because if she can emotionally (and physically) cheat on her ex she could do it to you...

Walk away, let her dump him and chase you.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Yep... I'm with stevie.
    Well now this weekend she was going to visit family hours away. And tells me that he is going with her.
    If you have any self worth and dignity you will not have anything else to do with this wee chickie ever again. If she calls and wonders what you're doing tell her that you think it's best that you don't hang out as long as she has a S.O. and if she's ever single she can text with the heading "I dumped him" and if you're still single you'll reply.

She's a two-timing wench and you'll not fair well with this damsel who claims to be in distress. She values him more that she does you or she wouldn't be taking him with her to visit her family.

Exist stage left with your head held high.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks.... I know that's what I need to do. It will be really hard... Because I know there is somethin there.... Just... Timing is bad... And she's afraid to leave her first...

And she's afraid to leave her first...
    then don't enable her skankery by keeping this farce going with her. Simple. Next time, don't get yourself woven into a girl who is already (supposed to be) taken.

Start thinking with more abundance. There are loads of women out there that are single and available to be with you full time (not as some dirty little secret who waits for her crumbs).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion