+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 7 yrs after High School. I liked her then, but now??

7 yrs after High School. I liked her then, but now??

So when I was in high school I was a scrawny nerd. I liked this girl Jane. She was this really nice and pretty girl in our grade. Somehow, we ended up going to prom together, but I could tell that she didn't like me as much as I liked her since she avoided me practically the entire event. In fact, I actually remember that one of my friends who was friends with Jane told me that Jane didn't like me.

So it's been seven years since I graduated high school. I took up swimming and running while at university and totally transformed my physique. After college, I started a business with a couple friends, and, though it's not a google or facebook, it's doing well. I have enough money to afford a decent car and apartment without worry. The other day however, I got a facebook friend request from Jane. I tried, and actually did, forget about her after high school because of what happened, but now I don't know what to do. She's a pharmacist at some hospital her in new york. I think I still like her. What should I do? Give her another chance even though she barely gave me one?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a facebook friend request, dude, not a marriage proposal.

Stop reading so much into it, unless there's something you're not telling us.

Yep, as Mathias said, you're reading far too much into it.

Guys, he didn't ask what we think the request means, he asked us what we think he should do.

That said, I think you should strike up a conversation with her. Send her a message asking her how she's been and what she's up to. If there's a spark in the conversation then things will evolve naturally. If not, don't try to force anything.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Guys, he didn't ask what we think the request means, he asked us what we think he should do.

That said, I think you should strike up a conversation with her. Send her a message asking her how she's been and what she's up to. If there's a spark in the conversation then things will evolve naturally. If not, don't try to force anything.
    He talked about "giving her another chance". He's reading way too much into a facebook request - period.