+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dont think he loves me???

dont think he loves me???

My so called man had a high-school reunion to go to, did not invite me. He never invites me places to be honest nobody know we are together they think he is single. We don't ever go out to places alone. Don't know what to think about that??? We have been seein each other for over 12 years. Need advise please???
    Last edited by tiredoflove26; 24-07-11 at 08:36 AM.

Hey,

My ex-boyfriend was the exact same way. He'd never invite me to parties that our mutual friends were at or take me along to the parties that he'd go to with his friends. I always suspected that it's because he didn't really love me and wanted to be single. When we broke up, he told me that it was actually because he was afraid I'd find someone better. Idk if this is how it could be with your boyfriend but maybe he's afraid of losing you to someone else or doesn't want you to see any other options? Is he unconfident?

You don't know what to think of that? Really? Or you just don't WANT to think what you think of that?

Agreed with Heart. A guy that doesn't take you out or acknowledge that you are his girlfriend publicly most likely has something to hide.

For 12 years?!! He's either ashame of being seen with you for whatever reason or is keeping his option open. Not good situation to be in. Talk to him about it. You've been together for over a decade and shouldn't shy away from having some honest conversation.

It's been going on for 12 years and you don't know why? Haven't you talked about it with your bf?

I was with a guy and didn't want him to go to things with me, or go to his events either. If your 100% about someone you will WANT them to go with you, not just take them cause you insist.

But, 12 years though??!! And people think hes single??!! Blimey, you need to have that out with him, confront him

12 years? Jeeeezus. You should have been discussing this with him at least 11 and a half years ago.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jk876 View Post
    Hey,

My ex-boyfriend was the exact same way. He'd never invite me to parties that our mutual friends were at or take me along to the parties that he'd go to with his friends. I always suspected that it's because he didn't really love me and wanted to be single. When we broke up, he told me that it was actually because he was afraid I'd find someone better. Idk if this is how it could be with your boyfriend but maybe he's afraid of losing you to someone else or doesn't want you to see any other options? Is he unconfident?
    What BS he has sold you lol
    Your ex and OP's bf weren't/aren't taking you nowhere cause they don't really treat you like their partners.You two weren't /aren't serious enough for them to present you to their friends/families. Plus they have the opportunity to flirt with others.
    I wazzzz here

It hasn't always been like that, it just started a couple of years ago. I'm finally recognizing the issue. I have been blind to it. Someone brought it up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    A guy that doesn't take you out or acknowledge that you are his girlfriend publicly most likely has something to hide.
    Hi. I'm a guy and I agree with Lahnnabell.

This message brought to you by the Guys for Honesty and Openness Network.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Hey,

I'v got the same problem too. Iv been with my bf for 10 months, and have only really realised it in the past 2 months. Iv brought it up with him several times, he come sup with excuses like - I dont want you to be in that kind of environemnt, or he dosent want me to feel uncomfortable ( expecially if everyone is drinking, coz i only have the occasional drink).. he acts as if he want to protect me from that kind of scene. He also says he dosent want other guys looking at me, or me looking at other guys.

I have always suspected its because he dosent love me, or has something to hide..wants to acts single. After reading everyones resonses I think my thoughts are correct. WHat to do now? leave him??

Strange situation. Talk to him, if don't like it (I think you don't).