+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some things we do that you hate?

Exactly! Women so funny..
    this is what i meant by signature mutilation.

big no no those links are.

kak dala privet.

playing games when ya might as well just be upfront

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No... YOU think we ought to know what's wrong. Not telling us, then getting angry about us not doing anything about it is not just counter-productive, but stupid.
    Maybe we're not ready to talk about it yet!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    A.K.A Silent treatment

Maybe it's just stupidass game playing.

Maybe it's just stupidass game playing.
    well, you can't expect a woman to tell you what's wrong straight forward!
    I for example can't do it coz I'm afraid that I might hurt the guy's feelings!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Saying what's wrong straightforward saves you time, energy and brain damage. It's not always easy but in most cases it's the best thing to do.

well, you can't expect a woman to tell you what's wrong straight forward!
    I for example can't do it coz I'm afraid that I might hurt the guy's feelings!
    I absolutely can, and do. If I ask my wife what's wrong and she says "Nothing", then NOTHING is wrong. Guess what, though? She doesn't do that. If something's wrong, she just friggin' tells me. If I can fix it I do, and if I can't, we discuss it and come to a consensus or compromise.

I refuse to put up with idiot game playing.

There are ways to present your case without hurting feelings. If you can't do that, you need to research "Fair fighting techniques" and "interpersonal communication techniques".

I absolutely can, and do. If I ask my wife what's wrong and she says "Nothing", then NOTHING is wrong. Guess what, though? She doesn't do that. If something's wrong, she just friggin' tells me. If I can fix it I do, and if I can't, we discuss it and come to a consensus or compromise.

I refuse to put up with idiot game playing.

There are ways to present your case without hurting feelings. If you can't do that, you need to research "Fair fighting techniques" and "interpersonal communication techniques".
    I can't argue with that. you're a married man and I'm a single broken hearted girl.you obviously have much more experience than i do. but, Trust me it's easier said than done. my ex used to yell at me for no good reason, and in the next 5 minutes he starts asking what's wrong?
    WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG?

I can't argue with that. you're a married man and I'm a single broken hearted girl.you obviously have much more experience than i do. but, Trust me it's easier said than done. my ex used to yell at me for no good reason, and in the next 5 minutes he starts asking what's wrong?
    WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG?
    Heh... give me a hard one. What's wrong is that your ex was abusive. YOU don't have to put up with that crap either. I'd strongly advise that you walk if something like that happens.

BTW - I speak from experience. I'm a recovering abuser, grew up in an abusive home (where I learned it, duh) and have had several abusive relationships - and by that I mean relationships in which the abuse went both ways. I finally know what was wrong, thanks to "the system" and am taking steps to correct it. I'm not telling you this stuff to blow smoke up your uh... skirt.

Oh yeah, and I DO know it's harder to do than to say. But in the long run, getting over that makes for much healthier relationships.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 29-07-11 at 09:26 AM.

Heh... give me a hard one. What's wrong is that your ex was abusive. YOU don't have to put up with that crap either. I'd strongly advise that you walk if something like that happens.

BTW - I speak from experience. I'm a recovering abuser, grew up in an abusive home (where I learned it, duh) and have had several abusive relationships - and by that I mean relationships in which the abuse went both ways. I finally know what was wrong, thanks to "the system" and am taking steps to correct it. I'm not telling you this stuff to blow smoke up your uh... skirt.

Oh yeah, and I DO know it's harder to do than to say. But in the long run, getting over that makes for much healthier relationships.
    Abusive?!
    I've never seen it that way before! he never hurt me physically, emotionally? yes

How long did it take for you to find the true love of your life?

Abusive?!
    I've never seen it that way before! he never hurt me physically, emotionally? yes
    Yes, abusive. Physical abuse is only one aspect of abuse, there are many many forms of abuse.

Here is a good place to do a little reading: [url=http://www.mocadsv.org/dv101/Page3.aspx]Types of Abuse[/url]

Another: [url=http://www.fightingforavoice.com/abuse.php]Fighting For A Voice - Forms Of Abuse[/url]

How long did it take for you to find the true love of your life?
    I found her 20 years ago, but she was married to an abusive asshole. We've been best friends for a very long time.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast