+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some things we do that you hate?

I also hate the way women lament that men aren't emotional enough, but then when they get what they asked for stomp the emotion out of him until he is like most guys and then complain that he's not emotional enough. ):~X
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't care for overly-emotional men. I can see why men get frustrated with women who demand that....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I hate the way men categorize me into "nice girl", which seems to be code word for "sucker".
    Meh. It's easier to weed out guys that way.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't care for overly-emotional men. I can see why men get frustrated with women who demand that....
    For me, it depends on the situation. I like it when a guy knows hot to diffuse a situation. If I'm already upset, don't say anything else that could be interpreted as threatening or upsetting. My boyfriend does this perfectly by just shutting up and smiling at me while I rant until I wear myself out. I also want to be called out on my sh*t. I know that if I get overly emotional I may turn into a brat, and it's great if he can just say, "Hey. Cut it out, princess." A firm, flat bark (not a literal bark) usually helps too. Then I know he means business. Kinda like how the alpha dog keeps the other pack members in check.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    For me, it depends on the situation. I like it when a guy knows hot to diffuse a situation. If I'm already upset, don't say anything else that could be interpreted as threatening or upsetting. My boyfriend does this perfectly by just shutting up and smiling at me while I rant until I wear myself out. I also want to be called out on my sh*t. I know that if I get overly emotional I may turn into a brat, and it's great if he can just say, "Hey. Cut it out, princess." A firm, flat bark (not a literal bark) usually helps too. Then I know he means business. Kinda like how the alpha dog keeps the other pack members in check.
    Hahahaha! THAT is one of the hardest things for men to learn. You DON'T have to fix the problem, just listen to her vent about it! But it is hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Actually, the more direct a guy is the more of a player we think they are (at least the discerning women). Stereotypically, we're not used to nice, confident men. The confident ones are typically the guys that secretly (or not so) hold a high opinion of themselves to the point they think they can walk up to any girl and score points. Besides, if a guy wants to exude confidence, then he'd better be able to deal with it when I try to knock him off his pedestal. How a guy handles pressure is a great test of character. The weaklings buckle and relent. A sincerely confident man is steadfast and honest.

That's why I hate it when guys use the line, "I'm not like other guys." Even the nice ones say it and it's big letdown when you've invested in a guy turns out to be all talk. Until you've shown me otherwise, I'm gonna play it safe.
    Do you have inferiority issues? Have you been "knocked off your pedestal" all your life so now you're full of anger and resentment? ;-) is this some kind of payback to your daddy? Also, how well do you handle pressure? hahahaha ;-

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Maybe we're not ready to talk about it yet!
    So how about you say... wait... you guessed it.. "I am not ready to talk about it yet" instead of "nothing" ? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JfnL View Post
    In my expierience the worst thing a woman can do is start flirting with you or messing around when she is yet to break up with her boyfriend, I had a girlfriend about over a year ago, when we first met she basically said to me "Are you a good kisser?" and I, at the time, said "Not really", which sounded better to me than "Never kissed before", apparently begginers luck as I pulled her that night and when we started going out I started to think "Well she cheated on him with me"... "What's to stop her from cheating on me!?" (I would like to point out I didn't know she had a boyfriend when I kissed her, otherwise I wouldn't have lol) so I became very paranoid and scared that she was with other guys etc.

So my major peeve is that you guys tend not to end a relationship before thinking of another one, the only thing that I can't stand lol
    As my (female) friend put it "females are like monkeys, they don't let go of one branch before they get ahold of another" (sorry if my English is subpar, am not a native user ). that very instant she was done and finished in my eyes, I would never get involved with her, cause she will do to me what she tried to do to her current "boyfriend", i.e. string me along before she finds an upgrade. funny thing is, they are completely oblivious to how this ruins all of their chances with most guys...

OH C'mon! you already know what's wrong!
    It hurts a lot when you shout and yell for no good reason! and in the next 5 minutes you start asking "what's wrong?" and expect to get an answer other than "nothing"
    let's be realistic about it, men do not shout and yell for no good reason, men very rarely shout and yell this is what females do.. the bad thing is that if a man had shouted and yelled, the situation would be more understandable, the problem is with the "silent treatment"...

well, you can't expect a woman to tell you what's wrong straight forward!
    I for example can't do it coz I'm afraid that I might hurt the guy's feelings!
    is this really what you think, or is this what you think we want to hear?

have you not understood what all the men have written in this thread so far: we do not give a flying .... about our "hurt feelings", we want the truth ;-)

or is this some codeword for low level of confidence or even fear of the man's reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolicoeur View Post
    As if we went out of our way to deliberately hurt them.
    you don't? isn't it called something like "make them feel exactly the way I am feeling so they understand" ? unless I have misunderstood something about your statement, yes, women get out of their way to deliberately hurt men. it is usually a way to get something out of the man/husband/boyfriend/son...

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Do you have inferiority issues?
    lahnnabell? I would have thought she's more likely to have a superiority complex

men very rarely shout and yell this is what females do..
    That's true but give vampiress a break. She's just projecting her own problems with her ex I think.

you don't? isn't it called something like "make them feel exactly the way I am feeling so they understand" ?
    Nope, that's not something that guys like me or Jolicoeur do generally speaking.

Do you have inferiority issues? Have you been "knocked off your pedestal" all your life so now you're full of anger and resentment? ;-) is this some kind of payback to your daddy? Also, how well do you handle pressure? hahahaha ;-
    So how about you say... wait... you guessed it.. "I am not ready to talk about it yet" instead of "nothing" ? ;-)
    let's be realistic about it, men do not shout and yell for no good reason, men very rarely shout and yell this is what females do.. the bad thing is that if a man had shouted and yelled, the situation would be more understandable, the problem is with the "silent treatment"...
    is this really what you think, or is this what you think we want to hear?

have you not understood what all the men have written in this thread so far: we do not give a flying .... about our "hurt feelings", we want the truth ;-)

or is this some codeword for low level of confidence or even fear of the man's reaction?
    So, the bottom line is Men have every right yell at their women.
    Women shouldn't give them the silent treatment because they want the TRUTH.
    and above all You won't believe that i kept my mouth shut to contain the situation.
    What Can I say? I'm an Evil Witch........ you should probably keep a distance!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

So, the bottom line is Men have every right yell at their women.
    Women shouldn't give them the silent treatment because they want the TRUTH.
    and above all You won't believe that i kept my mouth shut to contain the situation.
    What Can I say? I'm an Evil Witch........ you should probably keep a distance!
    I dont like aggressive women.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    I dont like aggressive women.
    I imagine they'd be great in bed.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast