+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What are some things we do that you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    They generally wear too much make-up in order to hide something. Bad skin, change the shape of their eyes, etc.

I just woke up everybody in my house by laughing so hard at this video.

Now I have to put my baby back down again.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    When you ask what's wrong, because it's obvious something is wrong ... but then they tell you 'nothing'.

And later you get a kick in the nuts because you stopped asking and should have known what was wrong in the first place.

And then you still don't know what any of it was about :-/
    Why is it that guys will tell their girlfriends/wives that they shouldn't be mad about what they are mad about when they do tell their bfs/husbands what's wrong? Then guys will just brush it off like it ain't nothing or your girl is just being crazy or pmsing?
    Last edited by Bo; 31-07-11 at 03:03 PM.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    I just woke up everybody in my house by laughing so hard at this video.

Now I have to put my baby back down again.
    Watch her Justin Bieber and Ke$ha videos. Friggin' hilarious.

Her head looks like its made of plastic. I dont like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Do you have inferiority issues? Have you been "knocked off your pedestal" all your life so now you're full of anger and resentment? ;-) is this some kind of payback to your daddy? Also, how well do you handle pressure? hahahaha ;-
    I do have daddy issues. I can also be really domineering. I've had a run with a lot of crappy boyfriends, and my dad was an emotionally abusive, neglectful monster. We all have baggage, and I'm no exception. I don't pretend to be something I'm not, so if you're trying to be offensive, you've failed.

How I handle pressure depends on the situation. Work is business and I don't take anything personal. With my boyfriend, it's a different story. I've come along way compared to how I used to handle stress. It took me the better part of 2 years to get a handle on my anxiety issues. But I'm not perfect and he helps me by being balanced when I am not.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 31-07-11 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Called you what?......Cute or pommy? As per your profle your flying an english flag. Please explain?
    Don't you know that it's offensive to use the word "pommy"?
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Actually, Vampiress, a lot of Aussies don't realise it's an insult. I don't remember the history of it either so can't really educate rafterman for you.

It's on our tvs a lot, especially around the ashes. Also us Aussies have a habit of using insults as terms of endearment. I know, we're confusing.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I actually read about that due to this post a couple of days ago. It's interesting what sets people off.

My dad's half Italian... and friend of mine said something the other day about going to Jersey and looking forward to the attention of the Guidos - and she didn't understand at all why that irritated me.

oops!
    I didn't know that!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I actually read about that due to this post a couple of days ago. It's interesting what sets people off.

My dad's half Italian... and friend of mine said something the other day about going to Jersey and looking forward to the attention of the Guidos - and she didn't understand at all why that irritated me.
    you should hear my American friends when they tease me about my accent!

We're all here too learn, Vampiress.

One thing about Australia is we really don't have much history (well 'white' Australia doesn't and the Aboriginal history is being lost and forgotten). I think this lack of history and lack of roots causes a lot of us to not just give a crap about the little history we do have. We don't have any truly old buildings, the longest any white family can have been somewhere here is only 200 years, and very few families have stayed in the one spot. We lack a depth that other nations have and take for granted. I will admit that I consider myself reasonably educated (for someone who only just finished high school) and even I know very little of our history. I know bits of my families history, but most Aussies these days can't tell you if their ancestors were convicts or free settlers (free on my mums side, convicts on my dads).
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post

I might be offended if Guido wasn't such a cool name.

So cool in fact, that even Guy Fawkes took it on to become 'Guido Fawkes' ... and that is a fact.
    Last edited by maxmax; 01-08-11 at 07:01 AM.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I don't know any English people that would actually be offended by this.

None.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    I might be offended if Guido wasn't such a cool name.

So cool in fact, that even Guy Fawkes took in on to become 'Guido Fawkes' ... and that is a fact.
    It's considered a pejorative here, especially when used by non-Italians.

Guido was the coolest character in Cars. *nods*

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast