+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should i be made at my girlfriend because shes bisexual?

I am bisexual and married. If the two of you don't have an agreement where you've said it's okay for her to have sex with women, then it's cheating.

I don't think you should be mad that she's bisexual, but I do think that if she wants to have sex with women, and you're not okay with this, then she should break up with you.

I would pose the question to her this way, "Would you be okay with me having sex with another woman?" If she says, "No", then let her know that this is how YOU feel. If she says, "Yes", well then, you have a decision to make --- are you okay with having an open relationship or participating in threesomes, etc.?

More often than not, one of the partners involved in an open relationship is less enthusiastic than the other. It can lead to a lot of stress on the relationship. Sounds like she is not the girl for you. I agree that this could be "just a phase", but if she's truly bisexual, she won't "grow out of it". You can be attracted to both sexes but still practice monogamy.

Ok here's my 2 cents.

When I was 19 I had been with my then bf for nearly 3 years when I fell madly in lust for a girl I went to school with. Her and I started seeing each other even though we both had boyfriends. I started wanting to be with her more than I wanted to be with my bf at the time, she didn't want to leave her bf. I ended up rather hurt and so did my bf at the time. He wasn't able to trust me after that.

Since then I haven't been with another woman. I have been interested at times but I would never try to have my cake and eat it too again, and being happily married I basically consider myself hetero at the moment because that's what I am practising.

I think it sounds like a phase and that she does need the room to experiment. If you stop her from experimenting she'll just want to do it more. It sounds like she should let herself be single though rather than leading on these poor girls and leaving you so confused. She also should be looking for someone else who is bi, because a lesbian is going to expect her to act like a lesbian.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004mtrx View Post
    She's 19 turning 20 soon, I don't know if it matters but she is african american too. One of her friends told me she used to be in a relationship with a girl. This girl that she was dating apparently dressed a little like a boy. Anyways, my girlfriend always tells me tht she wants me to be in her life forevwr and thqt she hopes to marry me oneday. I'm just hoping her bisexuality changes once she gets a little more mature and older. I really dont know what to do. Lets it slide and hopefully it dies down or somethin.
    I am not sure any nice guy should have a problem with a girl friend who is bisexual. I usually can't find a good enough excuse to complain about her "cheating" with fellow girlfriends instead of fellow boyfriends. I suppose it depends on the male and his willingness to practice the art of being a good husbandman.
    Last edited by ctr916; 26-07-11 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cancankant View Post
    I am bisexual and married. If the two of you don't have an agreement where you've said it's okay for her to have sex with women, then it's cheating.

I don't think you should be mad that she's bisexual, but I do think that if she wants to have sex with women, and you're not okay with this, then she should break up with you.

I would pose the question to her this way, "Would you be okay with me having sex with another woman?" If she says, "No", then let her know that this is how YOU feel. If she says, "Yes", well then, you have a decision to make --- are you okay with having an open relationship or participating in threesomes, etc.?

More often than not, one of the partners involved in an open relationship is less enthusiastic than the other. It can lead to a lot of stress on the relationship. Sounds like she is not the girl for you. I agree that this could be "just a phase", but if she's truly bisexual, she won't "grow out of it". You can be attracted to both sexes but still practice monogamy.
    Does a guy have any right to complain after stating he does not have a problem with a long term relationship with girl friends who are bisexual? If a guy gives up a "right" to complain about it in return for some other benefit(s), why should the girl care about it more than any other simple relationship maintenance "chore" normal to any given relationship?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12