+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficult to let go

Difficult to let go

So I met a woman, moved in but during that time I left and came back about 4 times......I am away from her now and have seen her once in over 3 weeks - she is on the house rental agreement and I have had an offer accepted on a property of my own.
    The break up was caused by her constant niggling and telling me what to do, how to do things better - she argued that this was to improve me but I just saw it as something that was grinding me down. There was also an issue with her child (who wasn't mine) who she sided with all the time. The kid has a difficult time seeing her mum and Dad fight and they got a place with me.

My problem is over 3 weeks since I left I am thinking about her, and want to be boyfriend/girlfriend but I do not want to live with her. Can this be done? I miss days/nights out with her and obviously the physical side/holding hands and all that business. She says she loves me/misses me and I do also, however we both realise we cannot live together. Ironically she says she will not do this to her next man as it's not appreciated - that's typical, she will find somebody and they will do what they want/dress how they want/eat what they want and she won't moan/chip away and they have themselves a very passionate/attractive woman who takes care of the house and herself.

Is there any worth in attempting to be a bf/gf situation or shall I move on. I love having the contact with her wether it is a text/email or IM. I know if I went round there and begged she would take me back - she cries over me and I have done this only once, but if I thought about the times we shared then tears would follow.

I am not ready to date anybody else but I do miss having somebody there to share things with - I cannot be her friend when/if she finds somebody else and we thought we each had found our soulmate in each other (despite the fact it was only 9 months).

I am finding it so difficult to forget her and move on and wonder when this feeling will go...........is it best to cut all ties. At the moment I feel that is the last thing I want to do. I also have to remain in contact to a point as she owes me some money for some goods I bought and she will pay back in the future.
    Last edited by carlton99; 25-07-11 at 04:03 AM.

I am not ready to date anybody else but I do miss having somebody there to share things with
    I think there is your answer... you miss somebody to share things with...

You've left her three times because you couldn't stand her way of treating you. And do you really think that she will be able to give up her "niggling" that easily?

Ask yourself if it's really her you're missing or if you're just feeling lonely and therefore want to have somebody by your side? I think it's important that you are honest on that question with yourself!

Wish you all the best!
    Kyeema

Well yes you are right she would find it difficult to change for me but says she will not be like that in the future which indicates to me she would change for somebody.....

Yes I miss sharing things I guess......and I'd like it to be her because I know her and how we fit together HOWEVER somebody new may also fit with me but maybe not make me feel so rubbish.............this isn't EVERYDAY but is often enough for it ti become an issue......it's like why you wearing that, why did you buy this, i thought you may realise I meant blah blah, i usually doing this like that and so on