+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you develop personaly if your partner keeps affecting your financial ways.

How do you develop personaly if your partner keeps affecting your financial ways.

Ok so been a single mom for awhile and didn't mind it. Now I have been in a relationship with this new guy for almost going on two yrs now. But slowely I feel like I am the one going crazy. He has stolen from me in the past and because of this I have a harder time remembering how much I really come home with on a day to day bases. When I confront him and tell him that its gone. His reply is simply well you wolt believe me whether I say yes or no. I have told him how his deceiving ways have affected me in keeping a mental track of my finances and he acts like its no big deal to him. I have gotten to the point where I carry my purse eveywhere I go even inside the house, I know nuts right. But when I have tried to tell him I am finished with the lies and betrayal he just wolt leave. Not to mention that he has allowed his family to take advantage of us in too many ways to count. I am 26 and he is 37. The two yrs we have been together I have paid the bills completly. He brings up the child support is his reason for not having enough to pay me. But I tell him a little is better than none. But its excuse after excuse. So now I have gotten to the point that I am moving to a different state closer to my mom and grandma. But I told him that because of his track record with finances I cant take the risk of bringing him with due to our past, So i decided to give him one more chance to prove he really cares about the move and making things right He gets paid tommaro and I asked him to pay the remainder of rent due to the landlord. If he pays it he has secured a part in my life. If he comes home with half and makes up some excuse I am done completly then it comes down to getting my daughter and son out of here safetly. Keep in mind I work as a waitress and come home nightly with tips which I have supplied his smoking and drinking more than I should have. So its not like he wolt have money but I just have told him that this check is my final straw with him. He either cares about our finances or he can go find someone else to be his suga momma cause him being twelve yrs older and me paying for everything should be embarassing right... But yet to all his friends I'm the demanding and controlling one... Please I need some advice or just an easy run away from him,,,, I know i have enabled him but damn I have faith in people changing but only if they want to,..

It sounds like he's a spounge.What does he do for you other than child support.