+ Follow This Topic

Thread: letting my guard down too much with men?

letting my guard down too much with men?

So ive only been with one person physically and i had another relationship before then, i just feel like ive let my guard down too much with men in general. I dont know if its me or what....but i just feel as if im too nice to people although i do have a backbone and i always let people know how im feeling but with my past 2 relationships being bad. I feel lost and empy inside, i know i can be very judgemental to people but i dont mean it. I kind of feel alone since my 2 breakups, both ending with the guy moving on a getting a girl pregnant. One of my ex's still trys to contact me for sex, and my other ex just got married. I dont know if its me or if i just met the wrong type of men and i cant let them go because i feel like i still wont it to work. But not with the guy who just got married i still wanted to be a friends to him. I need some advice? am i too nice? or are these guys just jerks? sn: BE NICE I AM NEED OF ADVICE NOT PUT-DOWNS lol thanks...

Hey Lady. I'm just going to give you my honest opinion of the situation. It sounds like to me you have been with some odd guys. Youre probably just having a bad streak thats all and its good youre putting yourself out there at all because without any experience, how would you know what to expect? In the long run i think you will be better prepared for any bad relationships you may encounter in the future or good relationships you will want to take advantage of. So all in all, i dont think you are the problem at all. Sometimes things just dont work out with people. You cant expect every relationship you get into to be perfect. Good things in life take time to obtain. Keep your head up! Keep trying. Learn from good relationships and learn from the bad.

Youre going to be alright!!!

In my opinion, one can't be too nice. Even if some people don't find it attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    In my opinion, one can't be too nice. Even if some people don't find it attractive.
    I too used to think this, but unfortunately every one I have met who I treat well ended up taking advantage of it. I wish there was people different out there but I don't believe that type of person comes along very often if ever