+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i break it off?

should i break it off?

so ive been going out with this girl for almost 2 months.. and i really like her, more than ive liked a girl in a while.
    but theres one part about her that really frustrates me, which is how she associates with other guys.

im a really loyal guy, and she is loyal aswell, like, she would never cheat on me.
    however, her flirtatious personalilty attracts ALOT of guys, and there is alot of flirting that comes her way alot of the time.
    now see, the thing that pisses me off, is the fact that she doesn't completely resist it.
    if they try to do something, she will get them to back off, but when they are just flirting and stuff, she goes along with it.

we talk a lot, and i know for a fact that shes reaaally into me. and she shows me that when im with her..
    its just, when i see some of the conversations that she has with other guys, its using the same stuff as when she talks to me.. (example: she uses words like babe and calls them cute.. (which she calls me all the time) ).
    When i see these conversations it makes me realise that the only thing that seperates me from the guys is that she 'has feelings for me'. yet she speaks to others the same way.

i just dont get it, because if a girl flirts with me while im in a relationship, i give them the cold shoulder, however she doesnt seems to completely resist it.
    its really frustrating me, cause i find it very annoying and it makes me feel like just another one of those guys.
    to be honest im sick of it.

can anyone please give me advice on how i should approach this.. cause i don't wanna be perceived as insecure or jealous.. when its really just frustration that is getting to me.

ive been considering breaking it off... but i like her too much, and ill regret it.

all advice is appreciated.

It sounds like she's the insecure one who created chances for other guys to flirt to feel that she could attract guys still. And the best way is telling her how you feel, if she doesn't want to change it, you must consider if you could accept it or it will make you feel bad and don't want it from a partner. For me, I don't Like the idea of ppl flirting while in a relationship, let her taste her own medicine by flirting with other girls and see how she would react( you don't need to do this but it might work, maybe she wouldn't care because she flirted too).

You better be honest IMO, just tell her that you don't Like it and you don't feel special from other guys, n see how she says. The best way is being honest and don't play games.

Personally, I don't Like the flirting guys too, make me Sick.

I know a few girls that are like that, super flirty and sometimes touchy (in a playful way). Other guys play along too and it just seems like a harmless act...for them. But for me, if I knew the girl had a boyfriend already, I wouldn't do such acts like that. It may just be her personality. Honestly, the best way to resolve this issue without breaking it off is to communicate your opinion. Because for a relationship to work, communication is key. And really, you shouldn't be with someone who will disregard your opinions and just do whatever the hell she wants. That isn't a healthy relationship.

Of course, you can communicate your opinion in nice words... don't just argue and be like "I hate it when you do this and that." Rather, try to conjure up a nice sentence so that she doesn't get mad. If she's open minded enough she'll accept your opinion and negotiate, or even understand your opinion and stop doing this flirty stuff.

It sounds like she likes the attention. In and of itself that might not be too horrible. But it doesn't sound like you can handle it. And when you say
    cause i don't wanna be perceived as insecure or jealous..
    I think you are misinterpreting your own feelings. You are insecure and jealous. You believe that the attention that others give her will eventually lead her to want to be with one of them rather than with you. That is jealousy. However, if you are more concerned that she doesn't like you enough, that is insecurity. Your frustration is just your emotional response to the jealousy and insecurity.
    Now, I am not saying that you shouldn't be jealous or insecure (although I don't think you need to be), but you can't MAKE someone feel the same way about attention from others like you do. You can either deal with it or it may be a deal-breaker.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!