by vangel

Life is going to end short for me now. I’m going to be dying in a short time so I'm not going to write a long story. Hi, my name is Paj Vang. I’m at the age of 26. I’m still not married yet, but still waiting for him. His name was David Xiong. He promised me that he was going to be back for me. He left to go to the army when we finish high school. I finished with college and waited two extra years for him. Now, I can’t wait any longer. I wish I could, but this cancer isn’t going to let me go easy. Me and him was suppose to get married and have children together , but it didn’t go as plan. Well, you could say he was the love of my life.

We met as students at a high school. It was our senior year there. I was glad that it was our last year there. We was planing to go to the same college and after college we was planning to start our new life together. Life was perfect as you could say it. My parents and friends were happy for the both of us. I thought that I was the luckiest girl to have David there by my side until one day. We both was eating dinner at a restaurant. As we were eating, he took me by the hand and stared me in the eyes. I knew something bad was coming up so I just sat there hoping that what he was about to say was going to break our future up. Then he spoke, “Paj, you know I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life together, but..........” “ David, what do you mean. Are you saying it’s over?” I just sat there mad. “No, no. I didn’t mean it like that. I meant that I can’t go to college right away. I plan to go to the army.” I took a deep breath and then spoke, “Hunnie, if you thought like that you could had told me sooner. I wouldn’t be mad.” He just smile because he knows that I understand. He wanted to be like his father, an army officer. I didn’t really care as long as he was happy. After that, we finish eating and left to go home.

The school year has ended and we had the summer to spend together before he goes to the army and I go off to college. Those days that we spent together seems so short. He left and I stayed behind and waited for him. Before he left, he promised me that he was going to come back and we was going to be together like old times. We wrote to each other like everyday. Then one day the letters just stopped. I thought that he was just busy so I just wrote to him to see how he was doing. I had never received a letter back from him. One day I receive a letter from him. It wrote only two lines, “Paj, please wait for me no matter how long it is. I will always love you!” I was so happy, but that was the last time I ever heard of him. Now it has been so long, but I’m still waiting. I wrote this story so when he comes back and I’m not here any more he’ll know that I love him and was still waiting for him no matter how long it was just like we promised. “Death do us part.”