+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cultural love - easy or challange?

Cultural love - easy or challange?

Some people think dating a girl from a different race is going to be a challenge, and no amount of dating advice can help that. Well, all love is challenging! Let’s hear some success stories – anyone want to share?

The most intense, passionate, loving, and physically and emotionally satisfying relationship I ever had was with a Taiwanese girl. (I am Canadian, btw). She was head and shoulders above all the other women I ever dated. I loved everything about her -- her femininity, the way she talked, her cooking, her attitude towards life, and not least of all her animalistic intensity in the bedroom. The fact that she was a foreigner and there was a slight language barrier was irrelevant (actually not totally irrelevant, but we'll get to that in a minute). We both felt the same way about each other and shared a passion that neither of us had ever experienced (I loved this girl far more than my ex-wife of 7 years). Unfortunately, it ended when she couldn't get her visa renewed. Without the physical presence, our passion faded, but we're still in touch by email and I'm sure we will meet again soon. This is the only problem with dating foreigners--depending on where you live, getting a permanent visa might be very difficult.

There's something powerful about xenophilia, and for whatever reason I find myself drawn to women who are from other places and other cultures (not necessarily other countries--I have had good relationships with Canadian women who were from another city). So, if you're afraid of dating someone because he/she is from a different place or a different culture, I say to hell with that, do it anyway! Attraction knows no borders.

I dated a Canadian. I'm from the US. Best relationship so far hands down. (We are both white.) It did end because we had different priorities, but we ended as best friends.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'm English and my GF is French - so we're both white - but it's so interesting dating someone from another country - provided that you can communicate - which for us is no problem at all.

My longest relationships including the current one of 10+ years have been with women of another race