+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I slip him my number?

Should I slip him my number?

Hey ppl!
    I work at a library part time as a page. I basically reshelve books and help organize the library. There is a guy I'm interested in; he comes in most days. I've been thinking of writing my number down and slipping it to him. But, I have no idea if hes interested! He did wink at me once, when we were on the same bus together. I smiled at him and he winked back. Maybe he winked back just because he knew I work at the library? We also had small talk at the library when he asked me if the computers were all shut down.

Please help! Is it too soon or creepy to just give him my number? Its hard to talk to him since hes always on the computers. I've never really had the chance to talk to him. Btw, hes much older than me. I'm not sure if hes married or not!

Just talk to him first. Slipping him your number sounds fun and could be interesting, but you open yourself up to some issues if he is married or otherwise unavailable. Just walk up to him and say hi and ask him what he is working on. That will start the conversation going and you can take it from there.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Life is too short to mess about. Give him your number. Why not?

Talk to him about something on the computer screen when he's on the computer. Then you might learn something new or have something in common. After you talk to him, give him your number THAT DAY. Don't forget to include your first name.

The things I have learned in dating is:
    1. Go for it.
    2. I can talk just about anything on a first date. This is a great test of a person's confidence.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)