+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you sacrifice for no confidence in a woman?

What would you sacrifice for no confidence in a woman?

I'm 20, young, 5'6 and 117 lbs. I like to work out and take care of my appearance. I have blonde hair and a decent face, in my opinion at least. I'm a good student and have a lot of intellectual interests. Though everything might look good on paper, I'm a terribly lonely and a bored mess.

Also, I'm horribly serious and can't flirt for the life of me. In the past, I've had friends take my computer and chat/ flirt with guys jokingly and its exciting--but I when I do it alone I can't think of anything to say and just get bored.

More times than not I'm just not in the mood to put myself out there.

The only men who have brought me out of my negative little world are charismatic and bold---the opposite of me.

Every guy I've been with has said I'm too unaffectionate, but really I just subconsciously distance my feelings to avoid getting hurt. I don't know how to be emotionally available, except for the very few (very few) people I'm comfortable around and I'm not really even sure if I clearly express it to them.

So, would you sacrifice someone who is unaffectionate,moody, sarcastic, introverted, unconfident women if she was also loyal, genuinely nice (at least I hope so), occasionally sarcastically funny/ goofy, intelligent, told I'm charismatic but its largely an act..?

Definitely!
    Of course it depends on you, and all the other factors. Just speaking for myself, but if i love someone I am willing to sacrifice almost everything for this person.
    I would also want to help you become stronger in yourself and gain more belief in YOU.

Good luck!

Certainly. I don't have any confidence myself and I'm very introverted too, so it would be hypocritical to demand something else from a woman.
    Guys don't generally care about extroversion nearly as much as women do. Also, sarcasm is a good thing in my books.
    Lack of affection is a problem though if it doesn't improve over dates.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferx View Post
    I

So, would you sacrifice someone who is unaffectionate,moody, sarcastic, introverted, unconfident women if she was also loyal, genuinely nice (at least I hope so), occasionally sarcastically funny/ goofy, intelligent, told I'm charismatic but its largely an act..?
    Nope. If I have to do all the work, especially in a long relationship - to show all the affection, to show all the confidence, etc. No way. Likewise, a woman shouldn't have to put up with an attractive guy who has zero confidence and is moody.

It depends. It depends on how low her self-confidence is. Being shy or introverted is not the same as low self-confidence. But, a severe low self-confidence affects almost everything in a relationship, from how the couple decides where to go to eat, to sex, to trusting each other. So it's a big issue for me anyway.

Also, if she is unable to open herself up to the boyfriend in a reasonable amount of time, this indicates she has trust issues which she should fix. You have to take a chance and risk getting hurt, in order to trust people. I simply relax, take a chance, and trust people unless I have evidence I should not. No risk, no reward. And most strangers I meet are very nice people worth trusting, if only for a minute. Even that big, scary, tattooed guy in line behind you will turn out to be a really nice guy, who is simply sick of being judged before people get to know him.

This is why women like self-confident men. Confidence affects everything in a relationship, including if the man is able to open up emotionally to the woman, which women really want.
    Last edited by bulrush; 28-07-11 at 11:02 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

So, would you sacrifice someone who is unaffectionate,moody, sarcastic, introverted, unconfident
    These are all undesirable personality traits for anyone, man or woman, unless you are into the emo scene. In my opinion, you would have to be SMOKING hot in order to make up for lack of personality and character. Even then, I probably wouldn't date you for long. But you know what? You can change your personality if you want to. You have to really want to change, but if you go out more often and meet new people, and in particular focus on hanging out with the people whose personality you are trying to emulate, then eventually you will internalize their behaviour and beliefs.

You obviously have trust issues. Maybe if you got into more social activities with others like team sports, the interaction may help you ease up.

Either that or you are just not horny enough due to lack of hormones....hormones is what controls our behaviour. It might be something to look into.

The answer to your question is, at least from my point of view: YES

Quote Originally Posted by LeHannes View Post
    Definitely!
    Of course it depends on you, and all the other factors. Just speaking for myself, but if i love someone I am willing to sacrifice almost everything for this person.
    I would also want to help you become stronger in yourself and gain more belief in YOU.

Good luck!
    Shining knight. . .

I wouldn't sacrifice anything for this. I simply am not willing to give up myself or my needs in order to meet someone on their level. I am bold and charismatic, and I know what I want in a woman and accept nothing less.

A self-confident man will not step into this situation sadly, he'll start it up, realize that you're just not "there", and walk away. That said, you might be able to find a doormat that can take your lack of affection.

Sorry, but its true.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Shining knight. . .

I wouldn't sacrifice anything for this. I simply am not willing to give up myself or my needs in order to meet someone on their level. I am bold and charismatic, and I know what I want in a woman and accept nothing less.

A self-confident man will not step into this situation sadly, he'll start it up, realize that you're just not "there", and walk away. That said, you might be able to find a doormat that can take your lack of affection.

Sorry, but its true.
    All of this is completely true.

Why would a self-confident guy put up with that, when he knows he can get a lot better?

I peaced on a girl who was very introverted, once i realized there was nothing i could say or do that would get her to be alittle more normal i peaced. she prob is a nice girl down inside but if you cant even go out to eat with me yeah im done.

So... if you're unaffectionate and moody, sarcastic, introverted and lack confidence... what would you offer? You're loyal, nice, sarcastic, goofy and intelligent? Lots of women with a personality have those traits. So I guess the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Shining knight. . .

Sorry, but its true.

Yea...shining knight indeed or just naive romantic?
    Or doormat?
    Anyway, for all of this to BE offered...it is expected in return as well.
    A self-confident man you say, he couldn't find something that is worth fighting for? Something that is worth putting a little time or effort in as well?

Quote Originally Posted by LeHannes View Post
    Yea...shining knight indeed or just naive romantic?
    Or doormat?
    Anyway, for all of this to BE offered...it is expected in return as well.
    A self-confident man you say, he couldn't find something that is worth fighting for? Something that is worth putting a little time or effort in as well?
    Not when what you're looking for is usually plentiful. Why try to fix someone who is broken when there are perfectly good girls out there looking for the same things?

There are fights worth taking on, and a girl with social and emotional problems is not one of them. Guys with codependency and self-esteem problems tend to go for the broken ones, not confident guys.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast