+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I break up?

Should I break up?

Help required!

I and my girlfriend, we have been in a relationship from past 7 months. We do lot of activities together - bowling, movies, etc. but I think I enjoy the activity but not her company. We have lot of good memories together. Lot of pics, all of the friends know us that we are together. She is madly, deeply in love with me. She proposed me, I said yes because she was really nice girl. But she was not fun, I thought once she gets comfortable with me we will really enjoy each others company. But even after 7 months I am not able to enjoy her company. I expect her to be fun. I don't enjoy with her at all.
    But breaking up with her now will devastate her completely. She thinks we are really perfect for each other. She says she cannot imagine herself with anyone else. She enjoys my company. But I don't. I am not sure if I should break up with her? Is just I am not able to enjoy her company a good reason to break up with her? She is ready to change.. but I am not sure if anyone can change themselves to be funny. I am scared if I will get a good enough girl after I break up with her. If I break up with her, I would have to do arrange marriage and will not get to know the future girl before marrying. That also a risk involved. I am totally confused! help!

tremolo Guest
    Why are you confused? You clearly do not love this woman. Quit wasting her time and set her free to be with someone who loves her.

you are being selfish. Break up with her but BE HONEST.. dont string her along.

He isn't being selfish, he is trying his best to make it work.

That said, would you rather hurt her now, or 7 years later? Break the engagement for the good of you both.

Do it because its right, and not for any other reason.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    He isn't being selfish, he is trying his best to make it work.

That said, would you rather hurt her now, or 7 years later? Break the engagement for the good of you both.

Do it because its right, and not for any other reason.
    He is being selfish, he doesn't want to break up with her because he fears he won't meet another girl "good enough'. That's very selfish. You should break up with her and yes, be honest with her don't string her along.

Hey Thanks!
    I and my girlfriend have not talked since last 6 days.. but I miss her sometimes and feel sorry for her.. I am not sure if if I actually love her or is it because I care for her a lot !?
    Is it normal for me to feel sad after break up even if I don't love her?

AS you said she is ready to change for you...
    Its good man...
    You are lucky to have a person who is ready to scarifice for you...
    Its not easy to get girls like this in today's world....
    better you can continue the relationship...

You better cut her out of your life completely, you are breaking her heart,tell her all the truth so she can move on completely and forget about you, and the sooner you end it the better. And better be sure that you won't regret later.

What do you mean by arranged marriage? Where are you from then? Why would staying with this girl prevent an arranged marriage?
    Either way, you don't even onjoy her company.. could you imagine living with her for the next 60 years? Day in and out, rasing children, having to spend most of your free time with her... no, you don't want that, regardless what else might come on your way, you definitley know already that you don't want your current girlfriend. So it's no more than fair to yourself and to her that you break up as soon as possible. It's noble of you that you don't want to hurt her feelings, but by making the relationship last, you will hurt her more every day. End it now.
    Whatever else may come along in your future has actually nothing to do with whatever relationship you're in today.
    Wasn't aware, meant for the best, ignorance is no excuse, but neither is insolence - a polite pm would have sufficed