+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend and I enter 'break', but more like open relationship..need advice

Girlfriend and I enter 'break', but more like open relationship..need advice

Hello all, here is my story:
    I started college in September 2010. After three days of being there I met the girl of my dreams. We were hooking up for 2 and a half months before I asked her out. During these 2 and a half months, she kissed three other guys, but never did anything else with anyone. I didn't do anything with anybody during this time. In mid-November, we started dating. We have been dating ever since. However, about a month ago or so, she started to act differently, I ignored it at first but then it became very apparant. She would get bitchy with me and lash out for no reason. I was nice the whole time. We have been talking about our relationship for the past two weeks and I realize that she wants a break. She is tired of just being with me all the time and just talking to me. She wants to make friends, which she has none of. We are living in NYC in a dorm style building and she wants toe experience life. She is open to dating other people and is insistant on doing whatever makes us happy. In other words, she wants to do what makes her happy and I do what I want to make myself happy. I love her more than words can describe and I know she loves me just as much. However, recently I have come to the conclusion that we do have to do what makes us happy. Thus, we have come to an agreement. We are free to do what we want on this break, and if we still want to kiss, touch, have sex, sleep together or anything that we did in our relationship then we can. The reason I am writing here is because I know in order to make this relationship work, I have to agree to these, terms, it is basically an open relationship at this point. In order to be okay with this, I have to be okay with hooking up with random girls. This is the part I am uneasy with, since I have never hooked up with a random girl, only girlfriends. If I do it, I might like it, I do not know. The question I have for everyone here is: should I just be content with what is going on and try my hardest to accept that this is something I need to try for myself? I mean, I am only 19. I should see what's out there and if it's meant to be with my girl then it will be? Let me know what you think. Also, the thought of my girl with another guy makes me sick, as it should right?

Confused.

id walk, sorry man, its college she wants to have fun and play the field.

No, don't be content. She wants to go "make friends". Surely she could make friends with a boyfriend right, of course she can, let me translate what she meant. "I want to screw any guy I want without feeling guilty of cheating on you". She's not the girl you're looking for man. You'r out of the honeymoon phase and now you see who she actually is. Let her go, don't keep contact, this will only make you suffer more. You chasing her while she's out "making friends" is only going to make it worst. Go meet yourself another girl bro.

This isn't what you want.... you two want different things.
    You do realize that, if you let her do this, you will be hurt and unhappy and she might end up falling in love with someone else and then leaving you.
    You should just let her go now and move on.
    You two are young and she just want to experience new things.
    If she loves you that much then, she wouldn't suggest you this.