+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do women look past the chair?

Do women look past the chair?

3 years ago I had a bad diving accident, broke my neck, and now I'm in a wheelchair. It sucks, but I will never give up on my life.

You can imagine how this has affected my love life. Many girls want a tall, handsome, fit, dreamboy, which I am not in the flesh. But I do believe I have a lot to offer. I think I have an attractive face, a good personality, I have a good sense of humor, and I am a very loving person. My problem is confidence. It's hard for me to be confident that I can attract a girls attention. And I know confidence is what 99% of what women are looking for in those first moments of connection.

I just turned 19 yesterday! And I really want to change my shyness and self-conciousness into courage and confidence.

I know what I need to do, I could use some advice and suggestions on how to do this crazy thing called love in a chair.

Also,
    If any women reading this could imagine this scenario: A guy rolls up to you in a chair and is about to start making conversation.
    What's going through your mind?

This is not the sound of a new man or crispy realization
    It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away
    Your love will be
    Safe with me

Jeez, mate! Wow. Sympathies. Broke your neck, huh? Does that mean you have no use of your limbs?

Yes there are some women who will look past the chair. Unfortunately, due to your age you have a large chance of meeting just girls for the next few years at least.

I think as long as you stay positive, keep your mind sharp and maintain a sense of humour, you'll find someone.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I have no use of my legs and hands. But I can still use my arms if that makes sense...?

By 'girls' you mean immature women?

Thanks Mate!

So you can move your arms but not your fingers? At least you can still give hugs.

And by girls, yeah I mean immature women.

I'll be blunt, there are women out there that would instantly see you as too much work in the long term. You are going to require long term care ... I'm sure you know how much work that is.

That doesn't mean there isn't any hope. Just because there are a lot of shallow and selfish people out there doesn't mean they all are. There are a lot of sweet home body types that would love your company and your positive attitude.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

i agree with your age it may be hard for a while. for some reason it seems it takes alot of women a long time to realize what the actual important things are to look for in a mate. and honestly girls your age are most likely to not see past the chair. but alot of women as they age begin to understand that its the value and quality of the person they need to look at. and if your a great sweet and caring man, then it will happen

As others have said, girls in your age group may have a hard time seeing past the chair but then again you never know. There are also a lot of girls around your age that I'm sure could see right past it and realize that there's a great guy there. It may take more time and effort but with a little patience and self confidence you'll find her. Good luck!