+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lie about # of sex partners?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
    As many have said, it doesn't matter about previous relationships. It really shouldn't matter a jot that you've had 4 or 5 previously.

In fact if it were me, and if the matter came up, i'd be asking myself questions if there are reasons why someone hadn't had few previous relationships.

You know what they say, men are like chocolates, as time goes on only the nutty and weird ones are left.
    bullshit, nutty ones are the ones that go first
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    bullshit, nutty ones are the ones that go first
    hhaha.. well I love nutty chocolate but I prefer the nutty free version in a man.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Numbers mean F-all, I never ask and never tell. Relationships are about the here and now, and over time, about the future. NEVER about the past.
    ^^ 100% exactly this.

So a person who has slept with 100 other people should never have to disclose that? I think that is bullsh*t. Some people are absolutely repulsed by others' sluttyiness. All things come to light in time, so to hide a fact like that from someone who really has a problem with [larger] numbers it will be a real bite in the ass later on when: 1. the true number is known, and 2. when the partner finds out that the other lied or covered it up. I think it is more important to not be a slut (speaking of both men and women) if you don't want to admit it. In fact, I think that goes with most things in life. If you don't want to admit it then you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place. If you do it, own it.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Lets just hope she decides to ask you after sex, that way you don't regret being honest.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    So a person who has slept with 100 other people should never have to disclose that?
    i wouldn't want to be with a man who'd slept with 100 women, he wouldn't see me for dust, i'd be gone. The problem is would someone who'd slept with so many people be honest and say so. I'd hope that they would, but doubt it.

There's no way of knowing for sure, but i think i'd be able to tell if a guy had slept with so many women, I wouldn't be with him in the first place. Not nice.

I've never been asked that question, but then i've not been in that situation for a very long time. If I was asked I would be honest, it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Well no one will walk up to you and say "hey wanna go out for a bite to eat.... oh yeah and I slept with a hundred women". If, however, they are asked at a later point in the relationship (say when things are starting to get serious) I think they should disclose it.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I don't understand why on earth would you want to tell her about the no. of women you've slept with? And why wanna know about hers?! Everyone has a past. Some more, some less, some none.

i think that it says something about someone if they've had very many sexual partners, and what it says isn't nice.

Perhaps there's a male/female divide here. If it's a guy who's slept with 100 women then some might say he's a lad and good on him etc., if it's a woman may be it's different and considered slutty.

Of course there are some who openly boast about how many sexual partners they've had. Yuk.

100 partners or more is extreme....we are talking average people in average relationships. This numbers thing is blown out of proportion here. If you demand numbers you are insecure, if you just ask about past relationships its just curiosity. For me it was just curiosity when I met my husband. When I was dating other guys before him I never inquired about numbers....

My husband was the only person i ever asked, it was years ago. I guess i was curious to know. He didn't tell me, he just said that it's the past and to leave it there. I would've liked to know, but i wasn't too bothered, well not bothered enough to ask him again anyway.

I'd never asked anyone before, i didn't think to. Come to think of it no-one has ever asked me, if someone who i was involved with had asked I would've told them.

I can understand why someone might be embarrassed about it. I think i'd be embarrassed to talk about one or two of my past to-do's! It's all good fun, i'm laughing just thinking about it, oh the joys of being sweet 16!.

Oh forgot to say, i have been asked, by the girls, you know girly talk! Which of course is different!
    Last edited by sweetest; 05-08-11 at 11:18 PM.

So how come you can tell your GFs but not your Partner? I've never understood that about women

Well, rafterman still lives at home in his mothers basement. Do the maths.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have asked and would absolutely refuse anyone with over 10 partners. the number of partners says a lot about the character of the person and that is most important to me.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i have asked and would absolutely refuse anyone with over 10 partners. the number of partners says a lot about the character of the person and that is most important to me.
    What is your number

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast