+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what do you LOVE about us?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Agreed. That was my hypothesis when I started this social experiment aka thread.
    Well in the spirit of social experiment, can we surmise that men are happier to generalise negatively than positively? :p

And guys, I think it's lovely that you find so many things wonderful about your partners, I just think they're weak answers when asked what do you love about women.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I would be naive to believe that you are indifferent to it. You may have buried your feelings very deep but I know that it affects your thinking to this day.

Mothers are supposed to nurture their children and give them affection and make them number one in their world. So many of them don't and I consider it a major problem that plagues us.

the regulars in this forum who are mothers are admirable and inspire me so much. I wish all mothers were like you. In particular qwert, vashhh, and indi.
    My psychologist thought that too, at first. In the end he agreed that I did seem to be largely indifferent. I simply choose not to associate with her.

My idiot sister keeps trying, and keeps getting burnt. She seems to think there's some point to dredging it up over and over again, instead of just letting it go. She claims that our grandfather was just as horrible to her as she was to us, and she didn't know any better - to which I had to ask "Did you choose to treat your children that way? Did I?"

I made some horrendous mistakes with my children (less with the 2nd than the 1st) but I NEVER raised a hand to them, let alone foreign objects whether thrown or to strike with. I never put them down or call them names. I give them my praise and affection constantly. I used to want my mom to hug me. Now I'm just glad she chooses to not contact me.

I would be naive to believe that you are indifferent to it. You may have buried your feelings very deep but I know that it affects your thinking to this day.

Mothers are supposed to nurture their children and give them affection and make them number one in their world. So many of them don't and I consider it a major problem that plagues us.

the regulars in this forum who are mothers are admirable and inspire me so much. I wish all mothers were like you. In particular qwert, vashhh, and indi.
    I think poor parenting in general is a major problem, but it is sadder when the mother is pathetic. Often when the mother is pathetic, the father is often also piss poor so you end up with a child or children practically raising themselves.

My nan was a wonderful grandmother, but a piss poor mum. I actually have to think of her as 2 people, now that she is gone. She was the grandmother I remember and love, but she is also the woman who abandoned my mother at the age of 4, and then abused my mother when she finally got her back at age 14.

One thing I am realising as a parent, is that when you have a baby, you suddenly have all this support. Apparently sleepless nights and screaming babies are almost impossible to deal with. Though by the time parenting becomes difficult (which from what I can gather really begins when kids start becoming little individuals) the support has backed off. Parenting is a hard job, and most days I feel like I am doing a sub-par job of it.
    I think I am trying to say here is I think the difference between a good parent and a bad parent is intention. If you are doing things with and for your children to make their lives better, well regardless of how well you succeed, your intention will be obvious. If you are simply trying to keep them alive and make things as easy as yourself as possible, then you leave a lot to be desired.

The best clue we have as parents as to whether or not we are doing a good job is our childrens happiness. I think that is the only thing that convinces me I am doing an ok job, my son is happy and he loves me.

(jees I'm good for going sideways on a topic...)
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I am so lucky to have my mother. She's been there for me every step of my life. She's everything I ever want to be. I don't know what I would do without her, especially since my father made decisions long ago that did not include supporting his family. We've all disowned him and have spent the past 8 years healing and supporting each other. My younger siblings got hit the hardest and it's taken a long time for them to heal, but they're getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Well in the spirit of social experiment, can we surmise that men are happier to generalise negatively than positively? :p

And guys, I think it's lovely that you find so many things wonderful about your partners, I just think they're weak answers when asked what do you love about women.
    Actually I think humans in general are happier to generalize negatively than positively.

Anyway, I love the way a woman can be my drug, making me crave her when she's away and being too good to get enough of when she's near. <<< And no I'm not talking about sex. I love the way only a woman can smile and make me feel like "this is where I should be... right here, right now". I love the way that women are the tendon to my muscle, forasmuch as muscle is strong it is useless without the tendon to bind it to the skeleton.

I absolutely love the way that a woman can bring life back into my heart, like breathing warmth into a stone. Not all women are capable of these things, but ONLY a woman could do any of these things.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I'm sorry you had a shitbag mother. Shitbag mothers happen to be some of my least favorite people because they make girls hate the world and make boys hate women.
    I can't bring myself to say that my mom was shitbag, coz I know that she gave up everything including her own health to raise us (3 Kids) but she really made me hate myself. I do blame her for my insecurities.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I can't bring myself to say that my mom was shitbag, coz I know that she gave up everything including her own health to raise us (3 Kids) but she really made me hate myself. I do blame her for my insecurities.
    Moms get blamed for everything.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I am so lucky to have my mother. She's been there for me every step of my life. She's everything I ever want to be. I don't know what I would do without her, especially since my father made decisions long ago that did not include supporting his family. We've all disowned him and have spent the past 8 years healing and supporting each other. My younger siblings got hit the hardest and it's taken a long time for them to heal, but they're getting there.
    Neither of my parents were brilliant at parenting, though I have come to accept the why's of that. These days, I don't know what I would do without my mum.. though I must admit I'm with Vampiress on the 'she drives me nuts' bit.

My dad was also a douche. I'm trying to work on forgiving him because I can not write him out of my life. I have tried, but it hurts sooo soo much when I do. I have come to the point where I have to accept him for what he is rather than berate him for not being what I want him to be. Not an easy thing to do at times (especially when he thinks a FB message is an acceptable level of birthday contact. *rolls eyes*) but I am starting to realise that he is still very much the 17 yr old boy shocked by finding out he's going to be a dad. It doesn't help that I sound and move just like my mum but I look like dad. I know he finds that eerie at times. *sigh* It also doesn't help that I was born without dangly bits between my legs. He was stupid enough to tell my Uncle that he was jealous of him having a boy first when I was in the room... we were all stoned and he forgot I was there. He had the decency to look sheepish when he noticed me gaping at him....
    whoops. did it again. I'm going to stop rambling now.

Parents. The most awesome yet frustrating people in the world!

I'm sorry you had a shitbag mother. Shitbag mothers happen to be some of my least favorite people because they make girls hate the world and make boys hate women.
    My mom was not so great, but I have nothing against women. So there. She was the exception, not the rule, and I don't let that bad experience affect my judgment.
    Last edited by bulrush; 02-08-11 at 09:23 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Parents. The most awesome yet frustrating people in the world!
    This is it! thank you for sayin' it out loud
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Is there a brave volunteer who is willing to "consult" with me on how to be a better boy friend with benefits and claim she wants to be a girl friend with benefits; as the saying goes, practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Moms get blamed for everything.
    i blame my mom for driving me up the ****ing wall.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234