+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to change my name.

I want to change my name.

I just want to vent here... I would like to remain anonymous, but because I am so frustrated today (and about this in particular) I want to share.

My name is Gina, and I am sick of being called "va-GINA" made popular by comedians, movies, etc... My old nickname I was giving by my best friend is 'G' and I'm thinking of introducing myself as g from now on. Even though I'm in my late twenties I STILL get called this by some of my friends and new people I meet. But I don't even want to introduce myself as G, because then I might prompt them to ask what it's short for- which yes, i could lie... but I just dont want people to even think of it... This past weekend I was with a bunch of friends for a party and it came up, AGAIN... REALLY, REALLY? It's been a rough morning and maybe this is a drastic reaction, but seriously why are people so immature sometimes!?
    Last edited by frankiepants; 01-08-11 at 11:55 PM.

I was going to say; with a name like frankiepants I would also want to change my name ...

Howabout Georgina?

Or just Georgie?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I call my dog frankie pants.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems like you have some incredibly immature friends.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone is teased about their name. I am really wondering why - if you are in your late 20s - you haven't lightened up about this yet? It makes me suspect you are extremely serious. Maybe just rolling your eyes when someone says this, and saying something like "yeah, I never heard THAT before" would help you.

For the record, my maiden name was also slang for a male body part, and I was teased... a LOT. I lived through it, and Gina is a pretty name. (And I like your screen name, too.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I completely agree. It was just kind of the last straw this weekend when this one girl in particular said it, because she had been making stupid sarcastic comments that were slightly rude the whole time... I just got really freaking irritated. I am quite a good sport about it usually I do just roll my eyes and say yup I hear that all the time like you just said. I just wanted to vent, that's all

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you have someone like that, you should just look at her with concern on your face, and ask "what is wrong with you?"
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?