+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Goodbye and thanks for all the fish

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish

Thanks everyone for their advice, help, sympathy and support.

Most of the people are great in the forum. Unfortunately there are some who like to make fun of or make jokes about other peoples issues/problems in order feel better about themselves or even worst just to entertain themselves.

This doesn't give me much confidence about posting anything private any more hence the forum loses its value for me.

So goodbye. And again thanks for all the wonderful people and their support.

PS: Anyone knows how to delete my account?

Bottom right of page "contact us" they will be more than happy to assist you in deleting your account.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The easiest thing is just for you to delete your posts. Its not like you made many of them.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtsoul80 View Post
    Most of the people are great in the forum. Unfortunately there are some who like to make fun of or make jokes about other peoples issues/problems in order feel better about themselves or even worst just to entertain themselves.
    Why don't you just become more assertive about it? Or just ignore them?

I saw you took issue to Wakeup in the other thread. Want to know a secret: she will only continue to answer your posts if you keep arguing with her. B/c arguing w/her tells her you still have shit to get out.

BUT, if you tell her to **** off and you really don't give a crap what she thinks, she will move on to another poster who might actually need her help.

@ WU sorry to post your MO, but I like this poster and think he should stick around.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

No sweat off my nose either way, Indi. If he sticks around he may actually lose some of his enabling tendencies, learn to be able to say "No" to a woman who is trying to take advantage of his own good nature and discover that he won't lose someone if he is a bit assertive when assertiveness is needed.

Whether you like him or not, he shouldn't run away because the heat is too hot in the kitchen. Particularily if the heat being generated isn't even aimed on him.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 02-08-11 at 05:35 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wow! I'm actually surprised. I couldn't figure WU out for the life of me, and now that makes sense. Very clever WU. I like you more today than I did yesterday.

And OP, I had similar thoughts not long after joining here, but the minds that keep me here are very sharp and very bright. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Hang about for a bit.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like WU. One of the few posters I'd actually ask advice from (if I needed to). She'd have to give me advice from her experience and not from pop-psych tho.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

How do ya know my experience isn't based on pop psych and I just confirmed, validated and obtained personal insight by reading pop psych materials after the experience?

For what it's worth I like and respect you gals and what you have to say too, (I even respect you when we have to agree to disagree even)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe so. I suppose I just meant that pop-psych doesn't work for my mindset. Who shaves the barber, etc. I'd probably make Dr. Phil cry.

Disagreement is good. Its a way to learn something new.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'd probably make Dr. Phil cry.
    ... lol ...