+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ladies! What Do You Love about... MEN...

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Lol - I'm in the same situation as you Maiden - shortest of 6 six kids (2nd eldest) - they tower over the top of me lol
    Sucks huh? :p To add insult to injury I also have 2 sisters, one of whom is only 17 and not quite done growing. She is the same height as my other sister who is 5'10"
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Sucks huh? :p To add insult to injury I also have 2 sisters, one of whom is only 17 and not quite done growing. She is the same height as my other sister who is 5'10"
    hahaha - I have 1 brother, 4 sisters - the youngest (my sister) is not yet 15 and already heading towards the 6' mark - I don't get it - why did I get the short end of the stick?! (pun intended lol)

When I have done the whole internet dating thing, I've noticed a majority of the guys DON'T bother to read your profile (or many wouldn't have bothered contacting me as it clearly stated I wasn't into the whole casual side of things - and my profile stated clearly what my genuine interests were etc) - it was a rare day to find a guy had actually taken the time to read my profile BEFORE contacting me - and for those guys who took the time to read my profile, I would happily respond to them.

I ALWAYS read a guys profile before contacting him - however, also found that many profiles were misleading as well - they say they were looking for one thing, when in fact they were after something else - their profile would contradict what they were really there for. In the end, I gave up as it was more of a "meat market" for hookups - at least in my area.
    ^ ^ ^
    This! What I found so frustrating was the one word messages that made it clear they hadn't even read my profile. Obviously a part of their numbers game. I set my profile up very clearly stating my particular interests and that I was looking to date with a view to a ltr. And yet...how many players sent me messages? I ignored each one. I responded to the men who took the time to read my profile. I agree that the men's profiles were misleading. This is what I don't understand, why lie? Say you're after sex and you'll meeta likeminded lady, just not me!

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    I have met up with some girls who looked NOTHING like their photos. I mean, the photos must have been over 5 years old. Not only that, the 'toned and athletic' was closer to 'eats lard for breakfast' ... which in itself is bad enough, but then they have complained about other dates where the guys looked nothing like thier photos! Similarly, they have claimed to be interested in x, y, z, and then actually known nothing about these things lol.
    What I don't understand and frustrates me is why people lie online. Why lie about interests? The truth will always come out if you meet. I don't see what it achieves in the long run. As for these people who do not update their photos, who do they think they are kidding? I met a guy several months ago that didn't look anything like the person in the photos. Disappointing.

Oh well. Lets bring the thread back on topic. I like men who are athletic and sporty, but are also intellectual. I don't ask for much.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

That was just based on my mates experiments & their findings. I have noticed it is harder for the guys on the dating sites - specially those who were genuine.

When I have done the whole internet dating thing, I've noticed a majority of the guys DON'T bother to read your profile (or many wouldn't have bothered contacting me as it clearly stated I wasn't into the whole casual side of things - and my profile stated clearly what my genuine interests were etc) - it was a rare day to find a guy had actually taken the time to read my profile BEFORE contacting me - and for those guys who took the time to read my profile, I would happily respond to them.

I ALWAYS read a guys profile before contacting him - however, also found that many profiles were misleading as well - they say they were looking for one thing, when in fact they were after something else - their profile would contradict what they were really there for. In the end, I gave up as it was more of a "meat market" for hookups - at least in my area.
    oh....I've never been to a dating site before, but from my experience with Facebook I must say: it's true, guys don't bother to read your profile before they add you!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    @maxmax
    Any girl is better than no girl.
    I don't wanna hear you sayin' THAT again "Lord Thor"! do you understand me?
    I have no guy right now and never will... not before I deal with my issues. and then I'll try to find my match...
    Not ANY girl is worth your time and attention.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

and for those guys who took the time to read my profile, I would happily respond to them.
    Nice I wish there were more girls like you out there. That's super rare attitude online.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I don't wanna hear you sayin' THAT again "Lord Thor"! do you understand me?
    I have no guy right now and never will... not before I deal with my issues. and then I'll try to find my match...
    i'll take him
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Why not? ANY girl might be the most amazing person I've met. Why not give her a chance?

Why not? ANY girl might be the most amazing person I've met. Why not give her a chance?
    OK, so it seems you need to make a decision:

1) You find ANYONE and get laid, and get it done asap, or;

2) You wait until you meet someone 'special' who, may or may not turn out to be special, and with whom it might be some time before you get any action.

If you choose the first, then get to it!
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OK, so it seems you need to make a decision:

2) You wait until you meet someone 'special' who, may or may not turn out to be special, and with whom it might be some time before you get any action.

If you choose the first, then get to it!
    it's either that no one is special or everyone is.

Easier said than done.

Waiting doesn't work. Girls don't just appear out of nowhere no matter how special they are.

Waiting doesn't work. Girls don't just appear out of nowhere no matter how special they are.
    You misunderstand.

I'm not talking about waiting around for someone to fall on your lap.

I'm talking about you 'waiting' to save yourself for someone special.

Finding such a person will certainly take a lot more effort than the first option!

If that's not your plan, and it doesn't sound as tough it is, although it's hard to tell, then you've just got to get out there and strut you stuff ;o)

So what is your plan?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    boom! and my offer gets rejected

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    boom! and my offer gets rejected
    Must have been something you said.