+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship dying?

relationship dying?

Been with my girl for almost 2 years. Lately, the spark seems gone. I think my body has given up in trying. I used to come up with these dates and these outings she would love. I haven't done that in about 2 months. The sex has been less and less and the kissing used to be so passionate, now it's just a kiss. I think we're slowly drifting apart.

I used to be able to listen to her talk and now I get annoyed by how she uses tone and stupid expressions she uses.

She always wants to hold my hand all the time, I find myself keeping my hands in my pocket just so she leaves me alone for a bit.

I love her but lately it just seems to be hitting a wall and I don't know if it's time to end it. I don't want to. At the same time, I just don't care enough to try and get things back on track. She can be so smart but so freakin stupid, it used to be cute how she'd have a stupid moment here and there but now it's stupid moment after stupid moment.

I find myself attracted to other women in their summer dresses and my girlfriend is always checking up on me. Like for example we're walking down the street and there's a pretty girl up ahead, I'll glance if she's in front of me but I know my girlfriend is looking at me glance at her.

This summer has been horrible for my relationship. There's a problem, we both know it, but we both don't say anything about it.

Should I start a talk? what do I say?

You sound like how my boyfriends acting towards me. Just leave her, make it easier on the both of you instead of doing her head in and yours.
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Sharz[/COLOR]

You have come out of the honeymoon period. It happens. It is up to you whether you want to now put in the effort to keep things alive without the aid of those intial 'bonding' chemicals or walk away. Just realise you will probably face this again no matter who you hook up with if your are not willing to make the effort after the honeymoon phase fades.

Sounds like you don't want to make the effort in this case so it is probably fairest on you both to walk away.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

romance goes away... when that happens, love should take over.

you're off the honeymoon period. it's normal. but yes, if you think there's something wrong. talk with her. nothing worse than not communicating

romance goes away... when that happens, love should take over.

you're off the honeymoon period. it's normal. but yes, if you think there's something wrong. talk with her. nothing worse than not communicating

I agree that the honeymoon stage is over. That in and of itself is not a big deal. But if you don't care enough to try to work through it, then just end it instead of dragging it out.

It doesn't sound like you communicate very well with her. Without communication, there is really no chance of any relationship succeeding. I am sorry, but even though you say you love this girl, it doesn't really sound like you do. It just sounds like you tolerate her so you can have a girlfriend. And that is not fair to her or you.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Serious communication break down here. If you want this to work, communication is your ONLY way to fix it, and not just you , but her as well. You need to sit down and talk about EVERYTHING! Put it all on the table, if you 2 can work through it, great, if not, then at least you can both walk away with clear minds and no questions or doubts, g'luck.