+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't really know what I should do

I don't really know what I should do

Hi, I'm Alex, a 27 years old guy that need an advice on my situation.
    First of all, please forgive my poor English. Thanks.

I'll try to make it as short as possible.
    A couple of weeks ago, I met a girl. She's a co-worker, but I'm in the office and she's "on the road", so we didn't see each other really often but we talk on the phone each days (at work). After a few days only, she started to told me not-really-significant things like "You're so nice" "You're so kind" "You're my favorite one". That was nice to hear from her, but I didn't make it a really big thing. One day, she had a really bad day, so I took a minute to wrote her a little something to say: "Don't give up, you're great, bad days happen but it's always nice to talk to you". According to my female office co-workers, she called a couple of time the next day and she really wanted to talk to me, she even came at the office to see me, but I wasn't here when she called/came. And the girls told me this like 3 days later... damn it...

So, at this moment, I had an interest in this girl, I wanted to get to know her more. I thought I could use her birthday (July 10th) as an excuse to invite her out. So I called her, since she was supposed to be off this day. Since I am a so-lucky guy, she was working, because they called her. Then my plan was ruined... I just wished her happy birthday and talk a little bit but I couldn't ask her out because she was with a customer, so it would have been kinda awkward. She also told me that she was going on the special project (out of the town, like 5 hours from here) that last.... a month. The only intelligent thing I found to say was: "Awww I'm gonna miss you". She just said: "Then if you miss me, call me".

After I hung up, since I didn't had the chance to ask her out, I wrote hey a FB message to do it. (Apparently, we can do this in 2011...) She didn't reply, but I know she read it.

So now she's gone, I called her on July 17th, just to talk and get some news. She looked happy to talk to me and we had a short 15 minutes conversation (long-distance call) So she said, if I prefer I could write her a message on FB to avoid expensive long-distance charge. I don't really care about the charge, but I wrote her a message anyway (around July 22nd). Again, she didn't reply and I don't know if she have read this one.

I didn't want to be annoying or anything, so I decided to wait... I was about to give up hope until Monday (August 1st), when SHE called me to get some news. When we hung up, I asked her to call me back and she said okay. I know about this "rule of 3" thing where I should call her within the next 3 days to show my interest. (That means today)

So that's it. I could call her today, but I have no idea what I'm going to tell her. I don't really know what I should think, because sometime she act like she has a certain interest, and sometime like she doesn't care at all. Also, I'm not really into this thing of the Internet love, I don't really want to tell her my interest on a email or FB message, I just want to tell her face-to-face. She's coming back on August 18th. Should I wait? Should I call her today or later? I just don't want to loose a chance... And I'm not in deep love or anything, yes, I like her and I really want to spend some time with her to see if it could work. I think my interest is obvious, but maybe she didn't realize it.

PS: for those who are wondering, yeah, I can handle and deal with the co-worker relationship thing.

Thank you for those who took the time to read this (if there is any) and yeah, I really DID make it short.

Just call her and talk to her like normal. Even flirt a little. No need to get all serious and in depth while she is away, but at least keep the lines of communication open with her until she gets back.

One last note, don't ever assume someone KNOWS you are interested if you haven't told them. Men and women alike are very dense.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!