+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenage crushes and that 'feeling' ...

Teenage crushes and that 'feeling' ...

Anyone else remember being a teenager and that feeling you would get when you saw that girl or guy you totally fancied?

Someone I totally had a crush on just added me on facebook, and I had forgotten just how much an impact she used to have on me.

It was as though each time I saw her in the corridor at school I'd get this total feeling of excitement, dizzyness, and a form of paralysis ... it used to be overwhelming.

Nothing ever happened. I was far too shy back then, and she was also a few year older than me, but I remember of all the crushes I have had, none were quite like that one.

Now, thinking back, I can't remember the last time I felt anything like that. I have fallen for people instantly, but still, it's been different. I guess it's all part of getting older, but even now when I meet girls I really like, it's very different, and probably a good thing too! I really would be hopeless if I still acted as though I had been stunned each time a girl I liked came near.

From a nostalgic point of view it would be nice to get that kind of feeling again; from a practical point of view, it probably wouldn't do me any favours. I guess hormones had a lot to do with it too ... definitely had a lot to do with it.

Well, she looks totally different now, and I don't fancy her in the slightest. Almost spoils the memory of my crush on her ... still, I shall keep it alive in my mind and in my memories.

What about your teenage crushes?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I still have the memories of the events but they don't really bring up any feelings. I can't say it makes me nostalgic or that I miss it. Haven't had many crushes anyway.

I remember stupid stuff like walking down the corridor past the guy I liked and having my friends see if he checked me out. Or getting friends to talk to him to see if he liked me. If 2011 me would have met primary school me I would have slapped her. Hard. I bet I'll say that in a couple years about me now.

^ I remember now... I told your friends your breath smelt of cat food.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Oh my crush from high school, ah now that brings up good memories! I could barely talk to him, could hear my blood rushing and would stare at him whenever I got the chance! lol Poor guy. I never had enough nerve to talk to him. Years later after school I bumped into him at a party and very sweetly he asked to dance with me. At the end he kissed me on the cheek. Too sweet of him really when I knew he didn't fancy me.

As for the feelings that come along with a crush, yes would have to agree it must be the hormones.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

You most certainly have me mistaken sir. My breath smells like angels, sandalwood and happiness. And I've always been a dog person.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I used to have loads of crushes. I looked up most of them in recent years, just to see what they look like now. The majority of them look either ugly or just boring to me now. But, that's how these things go. Tastes change, people change.

Why does a crush have to be in high school? I'm in my 40s and me and my gf both have crushes on each other. It's like high school all over again, but with better friends and a lot more confidence and wisdom. It's wonderful! Oh, and we can buy our own beer now. Lol.

Not only do we have crushes on each other, we have lots in common and genuinely LIKE to be around each other.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I still feel like that quite often. 28 and still have these teenage like crushes regularly.
    It's a nice feeling, always. But, I also learned to recognize them as mere infatuation and nothing of real significance.
    With my current experience I can tell I have never been in love with anyone when I was in high school. Of course, I thought I was at the time, but it was simply the mere infatuation.

When I'm actually in love I feel like that too, though, only a hundred times more strongly.

I found this tips so helpful! 12heartsandcounting.blogspot.com/2011/08/tips-for-chicks-get-his-attention-in-5.html my crush starts to recognize me!!! wheew!!

I have crushes very easily but I had my first about a year ago.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Lol, in highschool I had a crush on a lot of guys, but from about year 8, until year 10, I had a crush on this guy, and I could never ever talk to him. He was a footballer. and back then he was definitely hot, but now Im looking back at it, thinking what was I thinking haha. He is definitely not the hottie he once was.

i actually had no any crushes throughout my life.Evry girl used to propose me and i was just enjoying that and with my books

Quote Originally Posted by gallie View Post
    I found this tips so helpful! 12heartsandcounting.blogspot.com/2011/08/tips-for-chicks-get-his-attention-in-5.html my crush starts to recognize me!!! wheew!!
    Neat. Another name for this article could be "How to stay stuck in the 1950s and let the guy do all the work."

Why don't people talk anymore? Why can't they just tell their crush they like them? I mean, first find out if they're available, then tell them you like them privately.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Oh god yes I remember my major high school crush, even thinking about it now makes me cringe! My friends would nudge me and say "he's looking at you, he's looking at you" and I would feel my heart pound hahaha. Oh the little things!
    Nothing ever came of it as he was part of the "cool gang" and I was not! Ironically he private messaged me on facebook a few years ago to ask me out and said he had a thing for me through school but couldn't tell me cause of "peer pressure"!!!
    Looking at his photos now I have no idea what I ever saw in him, I turned him down and wished him well! Funny memories though

I remember having so little self-confidence that I didn't even hardly look at girls back when I was a little teenager of about 14~15. I guess now that I've grown older and I have more confidence... no I don't really remember having those sorts of feelings, though I remember gaining back the confidence and being able to just talk to girls normally. Though having lived with girls my whole life (3 girls and 1 guy), I grew up around them and am able to talk to girls normally... unlike other guys that I know. I guess I'm just pretty open in general n_n;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast