+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does Anybody Else Here...

Does Anybody Else Here...

have a bizarre, "psychic" connection with their significant other? I don't know what else to call it.

I'll give a few examples:

Quite a while back, I was supposed to call my wife (before I married her) after one of my DV classes. During the last 15 minutes of class, for absolutely no reason that I could figure out, I started getting agitated. Getting angry and upset... nothing going on at all to warrant a negative reaction from me. I got out of class, pulled out my phone and tried to call... and it went to VM. I immediately said to myself "Oh damn... she's talking to G___" (her ex). And then I knew it wasn't MY anger and frustration I'd been feeling, it was hers.

Another:

Kept feeling like I should drop what I was doing, and call my wife. Finally, I sent her a text saying "I love you so much." 20 minutes later she called me and said that my text had come at exactly the right moment, that she'd been arguing with her ex over the way she'd left him - she apparently (as she did with everything, according to him) "did it wrong" and my text got there right at the worst of it.

Another:

I'd been arguing with my ex over my plans with my son (was my day to take him out and have "our" time, and she was interfering) and immediately after I finally left with my son, in a horrible mood and trying not to let show/ruin my day with my son, my wife called and the first thing out of her mouth was "Honey, what's wrong?" before I even had a chance to say hello. .

Another:

Yesterday we were out on a bike ride. She was talking to me over her shoulder but I didn't catch all of it... I swear I clearly heard her say "I think I'm getting a headache". She gets TERRIBLE headaches, and she usually doesn't say anything about little ones at all, so I knew it was a bad one...

I asked her "Did you just say you were getting a headache?" She said "No... but I think I am. One of the bad ones."

You know how when somebody scratches your back, they usually "miss" the itch several times before finally getting it? Or they don't scratch hard enough/too hard, etc.? Not my wife. I ask her to scratch my back, and 90% of the time she nails it first thing. I do for her too. It's weird.

Some things you have to chalk up to similarities in taste and/or knowing the other person well, but some things are just... eerie.

She's walked in the room and asked vague questions numerous times, and I knew exactly what she meant, and answered the question, and it wasn't until later that we realized how odd that was.

Anybody else?

Yeah I get what your saying. I'd call that being on the same wave length. But happy for you though, atleast you dont have to TRY and read her mind, you CAN read her mind.

You know, when i read about you and your wife's relationship, it makes me super happy. It honestly gives me hope that one day i will find the one for me!
    Lucky for you guys you sound like you just tune into each other. So awesome.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    You know, when i read about you and your wife's relationship, it makes me super happy. It honestly gives me hope that one day i will find the one for me!
    Lucky for you guys you sound like you just tune into each other. So awesome.
    My psychologist told me that it's because we communicate very well, have a lot of respect for each other, and our relationship is an "easy" one.

I just think we tried to live without each other and found out that it wasn't an option.

Hey thats awesome!

We always text eachother at the same time. Not when we're having text conversations, but usually first thing in the morning or last thing at night. He's always telling me I'm spooky.

We will also often ask eachother the same thing at the same time, like "hey do you want to go to .........for dinner?"

He knows when I'm stressed every time. I get alot of knots and tension in my neck/shoulders, and he knows JUST the spot to knead to release the tension...

Hubby and I will often say to each other "I was just about to say that"

There have been times when I have been waiting for hubby to come home from work when I'll get a sense it's a good time to call. Each time he has just finished work and was trying to decide if he was going to come straight home or hang out with the guys for a while. Each time that has happened I've been able to happily say 'excellent. I was getting tired. Enjoy.'

Our morning conversations are often "have you-" "yep, could you-" "this? done." etc

At a party years ago (within the first 18 months of us being together) he asked me to cut him some cheese. I cut a piece I would consider acceptable. He said "no that's not enough" I went to cut him another piece of cheese when he said "stop. I want this much" pointing out where he'd like me to cut it "That's exactly how much I was going to give you" "well good" he said before kissing me on the cheek. A friend witnessed all that and said "You guys are just perfect for each other". We agreed.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Hubby and I will often say to each other "I was just about to say that"

There have been times when I have been waiting for hubby to come home from work when I'll get a sense it's a good time to call. Each time he has just finished work and was trying to decide if he was going to come straight home or hang out with the guys for a while. Each time that has happened I've been able to happily say 'excellent. I was getting tired. Enjoy.'

Our morning conversations are often "have you-" "yep, could you-" "this? done." etc

At a party years ago (within the first 18 months of us being together) he asked me to cut him some cheese. I cut a piece I would consider acceptable. He said "no that's not enough" I went to cut him another piece of cheese when he said "stop. I want this much" pointing out where he'd like me to cut it "That's exactly how much I was going to give you" "well good" he said before kissing me on the cheek. A friend witnessed all that and said "You guys are just perfect for each other". We agreed.
    That's awesome! We're not alone.

Hahaha!! You just reminded me:

My wife and I met at an outdoor event that we both attended that involved group kitchens and camping, usually for a weekend, sometimes longer. We'd always do things like hand the other things the other needed in the kitchen as they needed 'em. I remember one time I went to open a bottle of wine, turned around to ask through the kitchen window for a corkscrew, and she was already handing it to me... or one time during setup, I was walking by a pile of tools, picked up a screwdriver, went around the corner, and she was putting together shelves and needed - yup, the screwdriver in my hand. I have no idea why I picked up the screwdriver, I didn't need it.

We still do that stuff in the kitchen and around the house.

That does not happen for us. You guys are just magical and special.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    That's awesome! We're not alone.

Hahaha!! You just reminded me:

My wife and I met at an outdoor event that we both attended that involved group kitchens and camping, usually for a weekend, sometimes longer. We'd always do things like hand the other things the other needed in the kitchen as they needed 'em. I remember one time I went to open a bottle of wine, turned around to ask through the kitchen window for a corkscrew, and she was already handing it to me... or one time during setup, I was walking by a pile of tools, picked up a screwdriver, went around the corner, and she was putting together shelves and needed - yup, the screwdriver in my hand. I have no idea why I picked up the screwdriver, I didn't need it.

We still do that stuff in the kitchen and around the house.
    Naaawwww! So cute!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

We're not all that lucky.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Did it again this morning. Woke up, laying in bed, thinking about what to have for breakfast and decided to have yoghurt and corn flakes.

Said to the wife "I think I'm going to snitch some of your yoghurt."

She says "I was just thinking that I'd have yoghurt and corn flakes for breakfast."

mira, no importa a nadie.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Vielen dank für ihre meinung
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 08-08-11 at 03:33 AM.

ay no seas mala, yo creo que es muy lindo