+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oily skin on guys?

Oily skin on guys?

girls is oily skin on guys unattractive?

I have this skin type for example, the oily skin shows more on this type of skin, even my hair is similar to this person, these days in the summer whenever i am outside, both my skin and hair get oily. In winters my skin/hair is dry

Last edited by Pakistani; 05-08-11 at 01:17 PM.

My suggestion: Wash you hair every morning and get yourself some blotting paper (found at any cosmetic counter) for your oily skin which you can take with you and use throughout the day. The hair on the guy in the photo is not "oily" he has product on it and theres a huge difference in dirty oily hair to product filled hair (even when it's got too much product in it, it's still clean and smelling pleasant). To me, oily skin and hair are not attractive.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 05-08-11 at 01:40 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Agreed. Oily skin and hair are a sign that a person doesn't look after themselves to me.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

well my hair exactly looks like that, even after i shower, when its humid/hot outside it stays like that for many hours, i dont put anything on my hair not even gel. it doesnt look unclean btw, both my skin and hair shine a lot for some reason, just like the guy in the picture
    Last edited by Pakistani; 05-08-11 at 01:50 PM.

Might be attractive in Bollywood.How often do you shower? Whats your diet like? Explain....
    Guy in the pic looks like a greasy used car salesman.
    Last edited by rafterman; 05-08-11 at 04:19 PM.

I agree with the blotting papers, those things can be magic! Oily skin isn´t really a turn-on, but that is an easy and quick way to take care of it!

I have oily skin on my face and I hate it. I can wash my face with soap and water every 2 hours, and that just barely keeps up with it. I shower every day and am a very clean person. If I workout, I shower again. It's just the way my skin is.

That's one thing I wish I could change about me. But I have other good things that make up for that.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have oily skin and i love it. prevents early wrinkles compared to dry skin.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

combination skin is worse

sometimes a bit of my forehead gets oily if feels weird

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I have oily skin on my face and I hate it. I can wash my face with soap and water every 2 hours, and that just barely keeps up with it. I shower every day and am a very clean person. If I workout, I shower again. It's just the way my skin is.

That's one thing I wish I could change about me. But I have other good things that make up for that.
    Get the blotting papers.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If you cant get the blotting paper try witch hazel in liquid form to clean your face with every night and morning it will help clear your pores and uplift any dirt in them.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp