+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Trouble

Long Distance Trouble

Let me start off by saying that I'm 20 years old and the guy that I'm interested in is 23, going on 24. We met playing WoW (World of Warcraft, for those who aren't familiar, it's an online role playing game that's addicting as hell), and through constantly talking we fell for each other. He lives in Chicago, IL whereas I'm 16 hours away driving distance in Richmond, VA. We decided we should meet each other, so a few weeks ago I flew to Chicago to meet him. We have an amazing connection, his friends love me, his mom loves me, everything is perfect except the distance.
    He said I'd be his perfect girlfriend if I lived near him, but he can't be in a long distance relationship. He doesn't want me to worry about where he is, and he doesn't want to worry about me either. Also he doesn't want to "hold me back" from living my life, saying that I'm not ready to settle down. Socially, I am ready to settle down. I've tried the whole "partying, college experience" thing, and it's just not for me. I'm ready to have a steady boyfriend and get a job to start trying to find stability and move out of my parents' house.
    Every once in a while he'll talk about moving in together, but neither of us are at a point in life where we can do that. I'm in school, looking to get a job, and he is just trying to get a steady job at this point, but he still lives with his mom and his home life is a little rocky. I asked him what he wants from me, he said he doesn't know. He says I'm a good friend but we both know we're a lot more than friends... He says he's serious about staying together and talking and seeing what happens but he can't predict the future, etc. I want to be serious with him, but it's so hard. He's not treating us like we're in a relationship, because we're not, but it still bothers me. Last we talked, he said he needed some time to think about exactly how he's feeling.
    What do you guys think? What should I do? What questions do I need to ask him to know exactly what's going on in his mind?

I play wow too! and yes its like crack for geeks lol. Im no geek but the talking about the game with everyone at work makes you sound like one.

Anyways I dont think he is that interested like you are, even tho the meeting went so smooth. He isnt madly in love with you to the point he would walk on hot coals for you to be with you. That being said I would be very wary about changing your life just for a "maybe it will happen" or a "might happen". With you up rooting and moving, etc has him getting some cold feet. Moving in together is ridiculous because over the net dating is not real dating. It may all sound like a plan to you but he is already backing out. Not a good sign. I suggest you put it to rest for now, and focus on what you want to do for yourself and not this relationship.....

BTW my computer is broken and all I have is this stupid netbook for the last month and I'm going through withdrawal.

It sounds like his number one priority is to sit at home and play WoW all day. Doesn't seem that interested in making an effort to get anything else going for himself. Did he even offer to pay for your trip?

I think you should move on or get stuck with an addict who's real love isn't you.

(I play on Chromaggus btw )

Well, like I said, he doesn't really have his life together at the moment. He's been trying to get a job, I know for sure. I can't help who I fall for, lol. He still wants to be exclusive and I know he'd be very upset if I saw anyone else, and vice versa, life would just be better if we already lived in the same vicinity.
    Also, I play on Blackrock and Bladefist