+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oh, is this getting annoying or what...

Oh, is this getting annoying or what...

I posted this part of it the other day... so if you've read it could you skip to the bottom? some more happened this week... I numbered them:

1. I'm gonna tell the whole story to make it more clear. Sorry if it gets boring. Sometimes the little boring details make all the difference in the world.

OK... I am in H.S. / senior / male / 18.

I had a class last symester (which ended last week) that was pretty much a "group work" setting. The students would work together all of the time on certain projects. In the beginning of the year, I was assigned a project with a girl that I kinda have a crush on. But at the time, she had a BF.

So, when we completed the project (it was kind of a one-day thing), the teacher reccomended that the students switch phone numbers, as not everybody was done. Well, her and I were done, and we needed not switch phone numbers. I guess there was a little info left to complete, but in essence we were finished. So I wrote my number on her paper, just becuase I did, I don't know why. She asked me if I wanted her number, and I said "No, thats OK, I think we've got it, don't worry."

So a few minutes pass by, and she kinda "sneaks" it onto my paper, and said "there, just in case"... and I know that it didn't have to do with the assignment. I can "sense" that kinda stuff.

Plus, there were many other little "quirks" throught the year that kinda indicated "i like you," but I'm not sure.

Now, that BF I was talking about, I guess they broke up a month ago, and are just friends. So thats out of the picture (so why did I even mention it?)

So here comes last week... I had typed an assignment incorrectly (final exam thing) and I was asking her: "do you think the teacher will accept it" and she said, "yeah but you were supposed to blah blah..." Then she said "do you want me to re-write it out for you?" and i was like "no that's ok..." and I sorta laughed, naturally (i couldnt help it) thinking to myself "O man what if she likes me?" because of the little favor she was going to do for me, it got me thinking.

And she saw me kinda laughing, and I think she started thinking...

So I turned around to talk to my friend, and when I turned back around, after a few secs., I noticed she was kinda looking at me. So I kinda casually said "what?"

She kept looking, and it led to a ten second "gaze" into each others eyes. And it was a the gaze... I know that for sure... I'm not naive.

So I called her last weekend, she wasn't home, and I left a message on her answering mach... I'm pretty sure she got it... but she didn't call back.

So I walked up to her locker this morn. and she was sittin with her friend... blah blah... adn called her over to where I was.

I said to her "so, um, what happened in class last thurs, I'm... uhh.. trying to sorta... you know... figure it out (i was nervous)]

then she says... well, we turned in our blah blah and did those...

"no thats not what I'm taling about" I'm talking about the little "look" you gave me. and she was like "what look?" (she was playing stupid, i could see the phony 'let me think' thing) and her eyes were dialated, and she seemed quite nervous... it kinda ended from there, i said... "mmkay, i guess ill see ya later"

my intuition says she likes me... is it correct? what should i do?

thank you
    sorry about the length

2. So I gave her a note two days ago saying: "i don't know what you mean by "what look" because you are the type of girl who would remember that".... blah blah ... "I don't think it could possible mean anything else... i wouldn't gaze a girl in the eye if she just merely had a crumb on her face, etc"... "ive liked you for a long time..." and then i asked her to prom on the note. i told her to call me on the note, and she was gonna, but i ended up calling her and she wasnt home...

so she wrote back: "i'm sorry for sending out signals that werent meant to be out"... "i thought you were saying something to me, and then i turned toward you and was waiting for you to say what you were going to say, and you never did, you just keeped looking at me" (but she knew i was talking to my friend)... then she said, "sorry to say this but the feeling isn't mutual, i dont want to hurt you, etc..." and she said "i think im going to decline the invite to prom..." and other stuff like that...

so tell me... if the other day, she "didn't know" what look i was talking about, ow did she all of a sudden know yeasturady? and why when i wlked up to her at her locker she seemed sorta suprised? and why did she say that she was looking at me because she thought i was talking to her, when she knew i wasnt? and she was looking at me, and then i was like "what?" so obviously i wasnt talking to her and i think she knew it. also all those other little things?

what i really think happened is she probably was kind of embarrased because i laughed when she asked me if i wanted her help... but why is she being so shy about it?

do you think she could be playing me?

would a girl ever like a guy, andsay "i don't like you, i don't really want to go to prom" just as a way of playing hard to get?

i don't know... something smells fishy (the look she gave me definetly had to do with: "she is a girl, i am a boy"... if you know what i mean.)
    pleaze help - thank you
    Last edited by pianoplayer; 28-01-05 at 06:54 AM. Reason: wanted to fix an error (boldness on/off)

so i guess i could say... if the look meant nothing, why the he-- is it so hard for her to talk to me? somethings up...

I really wouldn't read too much into all of this. In my opinion, she probably likes you a little but not too much yet, if at all. The look was probably exactly what she claimed it to be. Since everything was done in a note, you know she thought long and hard about what she was going to say back so you can't think it was because she was rushing an answer. Honestly, I don't think you should go after her for a while. Play it cool and see what happens. Play the game you think she is playing. If she really likes you, she will put out more definite signs next time or change her mind about the prom invite. It's not an easy thing to read girls. We send out signals by accident sometimes and sometimes when we try to send them, they get confused. It's a crazy world.

yeah... i think im gonna kinda "move on" if you know what i mean... this whole love thing is effed up, sorta...

"people like to make things a lot tougher than it is.".. lyrics from a "cake" song.

Love is a screwey thing. I'm not even sure I believe in it any more. It's like the tooth fairy. It's a great idea but it's really all just an illusion. All we are is humans living and interacting with one another. Feelings are feelings. You can't put too many labels on them otherwise you get hurt. lol I'm sure you'll find another chick to pine over eventually. ;-) Good luck with the prom. Pick a nice girl or go alone and work the room getting everyone elses date to dance with you. lololol

It's obvious that she does not want to be in a relationship with you. It appears that you've read wayyyyyyyyyy to much into her acts of kindness.
    If she "liked" you, she wouldn't had willingly declined your offers to take her to the prom. The sooner you get over the fact that she does not desire you, the less time you'll waste building lost hope.
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™