+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Frustration and Confusion

Frustration and Confusion

So a 2 parter here, hope you guys can really help, I kinda know what to do, but not really.

So a year ago I quit my job to study for awhile so I could switch to a new career.

It was a blast, I made several new friends, gained confidence, people respected my project leadership skills and talent.

On my life side, the confidence made me happy for an entire year where I was just coasting along, nothing could go wrong.

Then after the course ended, I even got the dream job position offered, top grades etc. (btw, I used to be a terrible student)

Once I started working again, things started going downhill.

I got 'reassigned' a month in due to project issues and management seems to be overwhelmed by the work to care about me.

Thus began a long downward spiral into endless frustration.

How do I deal with this and other stuff at the same time?

That's part A

In the new office (mostly male dominated) I met 2 girls, both single, young and not unattractive.

The thing is I am not physically attracted to them and I think office romance are really not my thing.

However, me and another colleague spent a lot of time with Girl 1, after a few weeks, I realised that he was trying to date her. I took that time to avoid getting in their way and hung up more with Girl 2 instead.

At the end, it seems like he failed and gets insanely jealous whenever me and Girl 1 hang out. To add to it, it seems my boss and half the office is into Girl 1. At this point, I'm worried about losing my job and getting dirty looks all the time, but I do really consider her a pretty decent friend.

And if I was honest, I would get jealous if she eventually got attached to someone in the office. But I am pretty sure I do not want a Long term relationship with her.

So I'm pretty confused right now, thinking the best thing would be to just stay away from all this drama until I sort my career out.

You just behave with her as friend dont plan for any longterm relationship and make others understand that you are just friend to her...Thats it....
    Dont spoil your career because of her...
    You will get a girl who suits you at some point of ur life...
    Good Luck..
    Currently on my way to Cloud Number 9.....