+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to know women you barely know (building rapport)

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Don't apologize, Minx. It was an interesting exchange. I'm curious about the 'some' part now, tho. LOL.
    I love a good discussion.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stephen Hawking is a good example of my thinking. He can do math. Its a good fit for him. The bar wasn't set any lower for him, he would blow away 99% of the undergrad math population taking the same exam. Man wasn't going to have a good career as a surgeon or a fireman, tho.

But what if he was bad at math? Well, then he probably would have made an excellent department store greeter. Or towel rack. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Don't apologize, Minx. It was an interesting exchange. I'm curious about the 'some' part now, tho. LOL.
    Oh the some is in regards to everything but the parts where I explained how super sensitive I am.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just so you know, none of the ideas expressed here at LoveForum are actually mine. They are told to me by Osserix and Petula, the 7.36 inch tall space aliens who live under my desk (they crashed there 6 years ago and have been trying to find spaceship parts ever since). In return for their clever ideas, I have told them they may eat all the dust bunnies they find under there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lol cute!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Just so you know, none of the ideas expressed here at LoveForum are actually mine. They are told to me by Osserix and Petula, the 7.36 inch tall space aliens who live under my desk (they crashed there 6 years ago and have been trying to find spaceship parts ever since). In return for their clever ideas, I have told them they may eat all the dust bunnies they find under there.
    I'm assuming that "Osserix" and "Petula" is as closely as you can approximate the noises they make when they refer to themselves?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I'm assuming that "Osserix" and "Petula" is as closely as you can approximate the noises they make when they refer to themselves?
    Yes! In fact Osserix is the noise s/he/it makes when trying to uncover the dust bunnies. Petula is a bit gross... and slobbery.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Jesus, the last three pages of this thread of this thread are completely useless. Using the term "retard" will be taken by nearly everyone as perjorative and will be offensive at best. Discussion complete. Let the thread die unless there is anything left to say about the thread topic.

You weren't paying attention to anything we said anyhow.

Ever think I was just asking clarification on some things? For everything else, what do you expect? How many times did someone say to do things that I've already said explicitly I hate or are not natural to me?

I asked plenty of questions that nobody ever answered. Perhaps it is because you don't have answers to them? For example, nobody ever answered how asking a girl to have coffee/tea/alcohol with you when you don't drink those drinks is supposed to work. Are you going to sit there and gag on a nasty drink while trying to be cool talking to her? Or are you going to sit there like a chump and say "Oh, well I don't really drink coffee/tea/alcohol, but I invited you to have one because I couldn't think about anything else."?

^^^ Well she might like coffee. When they say coffee, its not wholly and soley limited to coffee.You should get use to making comprimises, life is full of them. So from what I can tell by your thread,your looking to date women yes? Not just friends? Can I ask how old you are?
    O.P Do you know what zorbing is?
    Last edited by rafterman; 17-08-11 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardwordoff View Post
    Ever think I was just asking clarification on some things? For everything else, what do you expect? How many times did someone say to do things that I've already said explicitly I hate or are not natural to me?

I asked plenty of questions that nobody ever answered. Perhaps it is because you don't have answers to them? For example, nobody ever answered how asking a girl to have coffee/tea/alcohol with you when you don't drink those drinks is supposed to work. Are you going to sit there and gag on a nasty drink while trying to be cool talking to her? Or are you going to sit there like a chump and say "Oh, well I don't really drink coffee/tea/alcohol, but I invited you to have one because I couldn't think about anything else."?
    Holy Crap! You really are a retard! Or whatever the politically correct term is these days. Its not about you or what youre drinking...its about getting to know this girl and getting in her pants.... winning her love...whatever you want from a relationship. Drink a ****ing glass of water dude if you dont like coffee! Its doesnt matter....all that matters is her. Jeesh!

I do or have alot of things that aren't natural to me. I could give a Flyin Fuuck about white 1000 count cotton sheets.....but the ladies love it! Make sense?
    Last edited by surfhb; 17-08-11 at 07:17 PM.

Dude, just ask her if she needs someone to walk her through the alley by herself at night.. tell her you have a knife..

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    The best advice I give you...
    Grow some balls and stop overthinking every little detail. You can not plan everything. Just go with the flow, don't think too much, and have fun.

Edit: Also, asking for a cup of coffee tends to mean you simply want to talk to her while having a drink. This can be actual coffee, or anything else she likes. I doubt she'll be expecting she can only have coffee.

rafterman: Yes, dating women. No, I could care less about just making "female friends". I'm 23, why? Let me guess, I sound like I'm totally inexperienced and clueless right? If that is what you're thinking, you're probably right. I'd say there is a pretty good chance that is a result of having every woman since age 15 turn me down (with the exception of two, one who wanted a rebound, and the other who I acted like a dumbass with the second time we hung out). To be honest, I can't really think why I'm having problems. I'm athletic, muscular, fairly intelligent, at least decently attractive, usually have no problem at all approaching women and talking to them (even if they're total strangers), etc. Only thing going against me that I know of is that I'm 5'4". It isn't like women know I'm almost 100% clueless when it comes to dates and such when I ask them out, so I don't know what the deal is. Perhaps I always go for a certain type of girl that isn't really compatible with me, who knows.

Ric: Yes, I tend to overthink things. What I was asking is if you would look bad if you asked a girl to grab a drink (or something, not necessarily alcohol) and you just sat there with a cup of water. I never thought that if I asked her for a coffee she would think she couldn't have anything else.
    Say you ask her to grab a drink with you. Would you suppose it may be a good idea to say something like: "I don't really drink name_of_drink. What kind do you like?" or "... Do you mind if I try some of yours?"

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast