+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Best Friend Is a Jesus Freak!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

My Best Friend Is a Jesus Freak!

Well, more like childhood best friend. We kinda grew apart during highschool but our history together keeps us callin' eachother no matter where we are or what we're doin'. Lately all of his away messages are like, prayers. It makes me sick. Why him God?! WHY?! I began to realize this when we got in this huge debate over abortion...naturally I took the middle to pro-choice position, while he was hardcore pro-life. Catholic school has turned his brain to jelly.

EDIT: I should go to bed sometime, it's frikkin' 4am... This is what I look like >>>>>>>
    Last edited by Junket; 28-01-05 at 04:58 PM.

Similar thing happened to me. I just don't talk that often to them (my two old friends). It does suck, but every time we hang out they inadvertantly start hinting that I should go with them on church outings and subtly say that I'm wrong for wanting premarital sex, etc. etc. It gets annoying. Nothing against them personally, just that we share less common bonds.

Alexi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fortunately my friend hasn't pulled anything like that on me, I think we both pretty much accept eachother for what we've become. I've seriously known this dude since like birth, I was born only 2 weeks before he was and our mothers knew eachother. Ah, but there are so many fond memories that put a smile on my face, we've had so many good times, hopefully more in the future (college makes it difficult). I know it sounds gay, but now that I think about it, I always had that idea we'd be "best friends forever". In fact I guess I still do see it that way...sorry I'm getting emotional, ahem, so back to more manly topics...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    funny.. i never read anything about you in the bible.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerious120
    I should know...I used to hate church and dispised God because of certain things that happend in my life, but I love my brothers to death for nagging me to go. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.
    Aw man, you're even worse! You're the kind that are like "oh I was just like you, all muffed up in the head, lost in the dark, but now I see the light, and so can you!" I hate it when people try to act like they know what it's like to be me, it's so phony.

Anyway, my friend was raised in Catholic school, me and all my siblings were forced to go to dreaded sunday school, take communion and be confirmed, ha, dumb Catholics, like giving us religious vocabulary was going to "enlighten" us...I blame my mom the most, she so wanted us to be these great Christians cause she couldn't (she couldn't take communion unless she denied her past 2 marriages there's some name for it but I don't remember the term). So what ends up happening? My oldest sister Gina is probably the most religious, which isn't sayin' much, she don't go to church or nothin'. My brother Jim is now a hardcore atheist, often quick to take whatever religious fanatics have to say and shove it back down there throats. Me? I'm a mix of catholic, agnostic, existentialist beliefs, really depends on the day, or what I've been reading lately. My two younger sisters still have yet to really find their beliefs, but one thing is for sure, they have just as much doubt in the Catholic religion as their older siblings, and God bless 'em for that.

But anyway, I digress. My friend has never tried to convert me, other than our little debate about 2 years ago, we don't really talk much about religion, he's no bible totin' Christian though, calling him a "jesus freak" is actually too much an extreme label than he deserves.
    Last edited by Junket; 07-02-05 at 03:57 PM.

Speaking as an atheist, there's nothing I hate more than people trying to "convert" me. Ugh. Go away.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    Speaking as an atheist, there's nothing I hate more than people trying to "convert" me. Ugh. Go away.
    What? You mean, you don't want to see the light? Don't you want the love of Jesus our Lord and Savior? Accept God into your heart or BURN!

And remember kids, Christians know what's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    What? You mean, you don't want to see the light? Don't you want the love of Jesus our Lord and Savior? Accept God into your heart or BURN!

And remember kids, Christians know what's best for you.
    Do they not understand that I dont believe in God therefore telling me what he thinks is a complete waste of time cos as far as I'm concerned HE DOESNT EXIST!!!!

Sigh

I could go on for hours on this topic. Made the mistake of joining a Christian forum last year and ever since they attempted to convert me Ive developed an unfortunate habit of ranting about them until somebody stops me (or I run out of message space).
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

http://www.cafepress.com/cool_christ

[url]http://www.cafepress.com/cool_christ[/url]

Four of my friends turned into huge Church loving folks during highschool. One of my friends I knew since I was 10. I'm very surprised at how much change went through my friends. Everything is related to some type of "godly" thing now. Luckily they haven't tried to get me involved in any of it.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Luckily they haven't tried to get me involved in any of it.
    Cause a true friend wouldn't feel the need to change who you are. They like you for you, and not for who you worship. A good Christian on the other hand...