+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would my poochy tum be a turnoff?

Would my poochy tum be a turnoff?

The only insecurity I have is about my tummy. Years of exercise will not get rid of it. It's caused by having 2 C-sections years ago-- the muscle tissue is damaged due to that. I'm fine with the rest of my body and being seen in the nude, but I get upset when I look in the mirror and see this.....

Last edited by Benni; 08-08-11 at 09:11 AM.

Not to me.

Thanks! I'm so self-conscious when i'm around men. I keep my tum sucked in all the time and when I sit down, it really shows so I make sure to sit up straight and keep it sucked in then, too. When making love, I don't like to lay on my side because it really pooches out. --Sigh--

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think that's a result of your C-sections. C-section bellies are when you end up having skin that hangs over the incision site. Yours looks like the result of pregnancy, which means you can lose it, though with a lot of effort.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't think that's a result of your C-sections. C-section bellies are when you end up having skin that hangs over the incision site. Yours looks like the result of pregnancy, which means you can lose it, though with a lot of effort.
    This is interesting. To me it looked like bloating.
    OP, do you suffer abdominal discomfort? Do you experience bouts of pain and are your bowel movements regular?

Tell me to keep my curiosity to myself if you want, I'm just wondering if there is something else going on.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Hahaha! No, I have none of those problems. My doctor is the one who told me about the C-Sections causing it. When I had my C-Sections, they were done the old way where the incision was from belly button down to the pubic bone and very wide which caused lax muscles. My daughter has the same problem after having 3 C-sections and her doc told her the same thing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why didn't they cut you at the bikini line? It must have been a long time ago....

Well, in any case, I don't really see many c-sections done that way, and it's true that once muscle has been cut, it doesn't heal perfectly and is hard/impossible to suck your gut in much... If it bothers you, you can get lipo, which suctions out hard-to-manage fat tissue.
    Last edited by vashti; 08-08-11 at 09:56 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Awww, you and your daughter have my sympathies. Having kids is hard enough without the process screwing with your body and self esteem.

I think in the long run, you have little to worry about. I personally think the only reason you are worried by it is the common sight of flat tummies on TV. Most guys aren't actually attracted to the stick figures flaunted everywhere, and a lot of guys actually prefer a poochy tummy.

I did have to ask about the bloating because that's exactly how my tummy looks when I eat badly (I suffer from IBS, it's no fun).
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Yeh, they don't do that type of C-Section anymore-- this was back in the 70's. The price of liposuction is outrageous so that's out.

I probably am worrying too much. I have an outgoing personality and a positive attitude. I did have one guy (who has seen me without sucking it in) say I def did not have the body of a woman my age-- to him, it looked like a 30 year old body. That was nice to hear, especially since he wasn't saying it to be able to bed me.

Other people won't have a problem with the way you look unless you make a problem out of it You've got the right attitude and that makes up for any flaw. I don't know how old you are but I'd also say you're in your 30s from what I can make out from the pics.

I don't think too many men would care about your tummy... Calling it your "poochy tum" might be a turn-off though.

Another forum I was on a woman did the same thing as you've done and submitted a photo of her belly. Most men said they'd just be glad to have a naked woman who wanted them and her tummy wouldn't be an issue.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Vanessa
    I don't know how old you are but I'd also say you're in your 30s from what I can make out from the pics.
    Thank you so much! I'm almost twice that age, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I don't think too many men would care about your tummy... Calling it your "poochy tum" might be a turn-off though.
    Will def make a note of that! Thanks for heads up!

Yeah dont call it that. That gave me an Instant soft-on
    Last edited by rafterman; 09-08-11 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Yeah dont call it that. That gave me an Instant soft-on
    Got it!