+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Only one question

Only one question

I have written what seemed to be a 12 page letter of everything about this relationship. From the day she asked me to be hers to the point where she doesn't even want to call back. To the point where it feels like carrying a simple conversation seems like a choir, nothing but fake emotions, fake laughs, fake smiles. I deleted it and realized it was over and no advice could ever fix it.

All I am left with is one question.

How do I forget and make the pain finally stop? Because it hurts, unlike a physical wound it hurts inside. I can only make it go away for a little while by distracting myself but it keeps coming back when ever I am alone. This is day three of me clinging on to something that doesn't exist anymore.

"It hurts when something good ends, but it hurts even more if you cling to it, knowing that its not there."

I'm really sorry that you feel that way, and know that I know what it is.
    Unfortunately, there is no miracle recipe to make it goes away, it's a matter of time, try to talk to new people, don't stay alone or you'll get depressed.
    I know it's hard to do when you always think about someone, but you must do it, the only way to forget someone really fast is to find someone else.

Also, to help you, you may start to think about everything you didn't like about her. It will help you to get over it.
    But whatever you do, do NOT try to drink to forget everything, I know you probably know this, but it will only be worst in the morning.
    good luck!

I prefer benzos. All the effects of alcohol with no hangovers. I ask my doctor for enough lorazepam (given my health problems they just hand me whatever anymore) that I can take some during times when others would consider getting drunk.

For the rest of the world who does not have unlimited benzos or the self control not to abuse them I suggest you call up every friend you know or work on making some more so you can keep busy and not be alone or think about being alone.

Time is the only cure to heartbreak. Give yourself time. 3 days is not long.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by tmc92ic View Post
    I have written what seemed to be a 12 page letter of everything about this relationship. From the day she asked me to be hers to the point where she doesn't even want to call back. To the point where it feels like carrying a simple conversation seems like a choir, nothing but fake emotions, fake laughs, fake smiles. I deleted it and realized it was over and no advice could ever fix it.

All I am left with is one question.

How do I forget and make the pain finally stop? Because it hurts, unlike a physical wound it hurts inside. I can only make it go away for a little while by distracting myself but it keeps coming back when ever I am alone. This is day three of me clinging on to something that doesn't exist anymore.

"It hurts when something good ends, but it hurts even more if you cling to it, knowing that its not there."
    Each day, it will hurt a little bit less until one day, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Time is the only cure to heartbreak. Give yourself time. 3 days is not long.
    I half agree. however I'm thinking that it's not time that heals but what you do with your time determines how you heal. (or not)

For instance (and on the risk of sounding like a broken record) if someone continues to "Post here instead of contacting your Ex" every week, then it could be a year and they'll likely still be hurting. JMO. Those that are out there keeping busy, taking classes, going to the gym, improving and attempting to be the best them that they can be, will certainly heal quite a lot sooner than those still lamenting and having a need to post there.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Time, and finding something to occupy your time with. I suggest physical exercise.