+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic in the streets of London ...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There has been tension in the area for months until the shooting of the guy last week. It is getting old now, people accusing the police of shooting an innocent man, it was just an excuse to start rioting and violence and now even the family of the man who was shot by police are appealing to people to stop the violence. People are destroying their own communities, attacking police, destroying family homes and looting from their local shops.

This country is in a sorry state at the moment.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    did I read that right - KKK?
    Yes. Cast hell's fury upon me. It was a stupid thing to say and I don't even wanna go deeper into the subject but I'm extremely pissed off and keep picturing one of my best mates in the hospital. Though I've only heard about policemen hospitalized but as I said before I'm very paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Do you write for the AP or Reuters?

Here in the US, "youths" has been a euphemism for young blacks.
    It's a shame that you interpreted my comment in this way. When I used the word youth, I meant youths nothing more. My comment was not to infer anything about race. What's happening here isn't a racial issue, it's merely an excuse to cause disorder. I think what's happening here in London is an unrest within the young community regarding their job prospects and the government.

All that aside I'm actually from America and I don't remember the word "youth" being a euphemism for young blacks. In fact I lived in Minneapolis, which is very multicultural! So to infer that I was being racist (or whitewashing), you are off the mark.

As for this media whitewashing in America? It's a disgrace! Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me that it hasn't changed and that it's gotten worse. The media in America is very corrupt and has been as long as I can remember.

To be quite honest I'm rather emotional about what's going on in London, this disturbs me a great deal. The fact that teenagers were running rampant around city centres inflicting violence, looting and rioting and the police couldn't control it is very scary! I think there will be more than 16,000 police in London this evening.
    Last edited by Jenswaiting; 10-08-11 at 01:24 AM.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenswaiting View Post
    When I used the word youth, I meant youths nothing more. My comment was not to infer anything about race. The media here has been reporting that the riots and looting is mixed (so far as race is concerned), particularly last night.
    I understand you meant youths, just hearing that word makes me think of journalism dishonesty... I know in the UK a lot of the rioters are white.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Soho
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    I'd rather have people burning and looting than live in a police state any day.
    Are you sure?

I wonder if you would say the same if it was happening in your city??
    Precisely

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    I'm feeling a bit sympathetic towards the KKK right now.
    Ex-squeeze me? Where did this come from?

Never ever feel sorry for such ignorance, facism and hatred.

It doesn't evern deserve your pity.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

This puts into perspective the kind of scum that are responsbile.

Sickening.

And nobody should think that there are any legitimate reasons for what has happened the past three nights.

There aren't.

The 'peaceful' protests were overrun with trouble makers. Seeing how easy it was, and how ineffective the police response had been, other groups of 'youths' decided to take it upon themselves to 'co-ordinate' and replicate further acts of theft, arson, assault etc ... just because they could.

I've seen intel that suggests further attacks are planned tonight, and also know that police deployment is almost three times what it would usually be, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They pick on the weak and defenseless, try that shit on someone with concealed carry. What fuccking pussies

Why aren't the police shooting yet?

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Ex-squeeze me? Where did this come from?
    Anger. I'm actually gonna edit it out.

I honestly don't get what they could have possibly been thinking. I mean, generally, even if someone does something I would be totally against, I can understand their judgment and see where they're coming from, as much as I'd disagree. But what the actual f?! Causing so much harm, chaos and destruction just to get a plasma tv? Or just because you can?

I've also heard there's more to come tonight... It's one of the rare occasions I'm glad I moved to a small town where nothing ever happens.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what's the cause?
    Opportunism and stupidity unfortunately.

Sometimes all it takes is a small spark and then everyone else joins in.
    Yes, this was a small (1-2) individuals who incited others to riot due to a police shooting. Its not too different from what happened in Vancouver recently. Hockey was only the excuse for the riots here in Van. There are a LOT of freaked people right now with the economy being so very unstable. Thank you very much, mass media fearmongers. Anything to sell a paper or attract a viewer on the telly, right?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Are you sure?
    what do you mean am i sure? i'm a thousand percent sure. there are governments that are starving their people and disarming them so they cannot rise up. don't go thinking it won't happen in your country.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there are governments that are starving their people and disarming them so they cannot rise up.
    I wish I could donate some rifles to the business owners over there

I'd rather live neither. The situation is f***ed.

I wonder if you would say the same if it was happening in your city??
    you wanna know what's happening in my city? the cops are being investigated for the large amount of times they have shot unarmed people without trying any other less lethal method first.

what would you do if one of your loved ones was injured or killed unnecessarily by the police? would you tolerate it?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

what do you mean am i sure? i'm a thousand percent sure. there are governments that are starving their people and disarming them so they cannot rise up. don't go thinking it won't happen in your country.
    It's already happening here.

what do you mean am i sure?
    I don't mean anything other than to ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    this is not some Soccer Hooligans. It goes way beyond that....
    Where up to day 4 and the Military are'nt involved yet? Send in the Paras, they'll know what to do.Just ask Northern Ireland....Did someone say...Sunday Bloody Sunday

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast