+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic in the streets of London ...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its a vicious cycle. Who would want to be a cop nowadays? I mean, they make what, 60K a year or so? For that job??
    So, the only people they get applying are messed up in the head in some way. Not all, but most I think. I would know, I have a couple RCMP friends. Nice (to me) but their paddles are slightly bent, IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I just put the telly on and they were interveiwing a Chef that had to fend off rioters with kitchen utensils. Talk about last line of defence. Get your meat cleaver out Vampiress. There comin to gitch ya!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Welcome to the ignore function ignore, you inbred racist piece of shit.
    I challenge any reasonable person to find anything racist in what I said.

Your accusation of racism is actually laughable.

Is there a word for what Vincenzo is doing? -This is how they try to shut people up who say things they don't want to hear. Label me a racist for pointing our black on white racism and the medias refusal to cover the story fairly.
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 10-08-11 at 09:33 AM.

Doesn't Matter, I could see what you were trying to say. So many people are scared to speak the truth for fear of being seen as racist. These days you can't even say something like "You know, the black guy" if you are talking with a friend and forgets some ones name. You have to say "You know, the guy with the black hair and brown eyes that is with Sonya" for example. I personally think PCness has gotten to a ridiculous level.
    Now a joke.... What is the one thing everyone does before telling a racist joke? Look over their shoulder.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Doesn't Matter, I could see what you were trying to say. So many people are scared to speak the truth for fear of being seen as racist. These days you can't even say something like "You know, the black guy" if you are talking with a friend and forgets some ones name. You have to say "You know, the guy with the black hair and brown eyes that is with Sonya" for example. I personally think PCness has gotten to a ridiculous level.
    Now a joke.... What is the one thing everyone does before telling a racist joke? Look over their shoulder.
    Thank you!!!

I mean the event in Wisconsin was racial, tons of black people beating up white people. Everyone at the scene said this. The police chief of Milwaukee said this.

The mainstream media and Vincenzo (who wasn't there) challenge what everyone actually at the Fair saw. And not only does he challenge it because he wants to believe blacks cannot be just as capable of racism as whites, he comes out saying:
    Or do you believe that race is crucial information that we all need so that we can judge people? Specifically, do you think that you really know something about a man if you know his skin color? If you believe that, then I believe that you're a racist moron.
    Totally attacking me right off the bat for calling out the mainstream media on whitewashing it!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I challenge any reasonable person to find anything racist in what I said.

Your accusation of racism is actually laughable.

Is there a word for what Vincenzo is doing? -This is how they try to shut people up who say things they don't want to hear. Label me a racist for pointing our black on white racism and the medias refusal to cover the story fairly.
    You say you want "honest reporting" but what you specifically want is to know the skin color of the people involved in the incident. Skin color won't tell you anything important about a person. Skin color doesn't matter, except to racists.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You say you want "honest reporting" but what you specifically want is to know the skin color of the people involved in the incident.
    Because it was a racial incident.

When the Duke lacrosse story broke the biggest reason people cared is because it was a white lacrosse team accused of raping a black stripper.

When Rodney King got beat up people cared because it was a black guy being beat up by white cops.

The media talked about the racism in both cases over and over and over. The racial element, in fact, is the only thing that made those fuccking news stories on a national scale.

Skin color won't tell you anything important about a person.
    I agree and where the hell did I say otherwise?

Skin color doesn't matter, except to racists.
    THEY ARE THE ONES WHO MADE RACE MATTER WHEN THEY DECIDED TO COMMIT A HATE CRIME. Figure that out already for ****s sake

DM (hehe, same initials as Danger Mouse - great cartoon from about 30 years ago if you haven't seen it)

I think the worst bit about Vincenzo's comment was that it was inflammatory and inaccurate. Sure he put 'ifs' in his post, though I'm sure you were offended with out the ifs.

Calling people rasict without justification, is just as bad as being racist IMO.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Calling people rasict without justification, is just as bad as being racist IMO.
    I don't know if you know anything about American politics, but it's what Democrats do to shut people up who say things they don't like.

That's how I know Vincenzo is a Democrat.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the worst bit about Vincenzo's comment was that it was inflammatory and inaccurate. Sure he put 'ifs' in his post, though I'm sure you were offended with out the ifs.
    You are totally right. So totally right...

I love you <3

You are totally right. So totally right...

I love you <3
    Naaawww shucks. :p

Glad you realise now that there are other free thinking people on the planet. he he he.

sadie_genie Guest

It might have been that they don't want to increase the racial tension. The more people realizing this as a race issue, the more racial conflict will ensue.

There are a number of causes of the London riot: high employment rate, poverty, racial discrimination, etc. As much as this is also a class issue, it is also a race issue. The tension between the police and the black community as a result of the discriminatory attitude of the police made this into a racial case. True, their rioting is threatening to the safety of others but when people feel their welfare and survival is threatened by the state and the racist society in which they live in, they WILL riot. It is understandable because it is just human nature and natural self-defence. I don't blame the rioters, I blame the government and the police for their mismanagement of potential race and class conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    It might have been that they don't want to increase the racial tension. The more people realizing this as a race issue, the more racial conflict will ensue. .
    What an oppressive attitude...Nothing like sweeping the truth under the rug.

You are a wonderfully sensible thinker, Sadie.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    What an oppressive attitude...Nothing like sweeping the truth under the rug.
    Who do you think the press is owned by?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast